Un Kannil Neer Vazhindal
|Un Kannil Neer Vazhindal|
|Directed by||Balu Mahendra|
|Screenplay by||Balu Mahendra|
|Story by||Akhila Mahendra|
|Edited by||D. Vasu|
Un Kannil Neer Vazhindal (transl. If tears well up in your eyes) is a 1985 Indian Tamil-language action film written and directed by Balu Mahendra. It stars Rajinikanth and Madhavi, with Y. G. Mahendran in a prominent role. V. K. Ramasamy and Senthamarai play other pivotal roles. The film, released on 20 June 1985, was an average grosser at the box office and had a theatrical run of 75 days.
This article needs an improved plot summary. (May 2022)
Ravi is a police officer who falls in love with Padma. All goes well, until a criminal police officer Dharmaraj frames Ravi. His friend Babu is killed and the blame falls on Ravi, so he is suspended from the job. How he discovers Dharmaraj's true identity and how he tries to prove his innocence forms the rest of the story.
- Rajinikanth as Ravi
- Madhavi as Padma
- Y. G. Mahendran as Babu
- Senthamarai as Dharmaraj
- V. K. Ramasamy as Perumal
- Venniradai Moorthy
- Menon as Jagathy
- Master Haja Sheriff
- Poornam Viswanathan as Viswanath
- Oru Viral Krishna Rao as Munusami
- Sangeeta as Durga
- Mounika as Viswanath's daughter
Mounika made her feature film debut in this film. It is the only time Rajinikanth acted under Balu Mahendra's direction. The film was largely shot in Ooty. It is one of the few films directed by Mahendra to be outright "mainstream", alongside Neengal Kettavai (1984).
|"Enna Desamo"||K. J. Yesudas||Vairamuthu||04:41|
|"Ilamai Itho"||Malaysia Vasudevan||Gangai Amaran||04:21|
|"Kannil Enna"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki||Vairamuthu||04:39|
|"Malare Malare"||S. Janaki||Mu. Metha||04:16|
|"Moonu Vela Soru"||S. Janaki||04:46|
|"Nethu Varai"||Mano, S. Janaki||Gangai Amaran||04:37|
- "Festival of India: Hair expert Veena Shroff to hold series of workshops in France". India Today. 20 March 1985. Archived from the original on 6 May 2021. Retrieved 6 May 2021.
- "டைரக்டர் பாலுமகேந்திரா திடீர் மரணம்". Maalai Malar (in Tamil). 13 February 2014. Archived from the original on 1 March 2014. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- "10 Retro Rajini films that still work". Behindwoods. 10 August 2016. Archived from the original on 22 February 2022. Retrieved 21 February 2022.
- "Boxoffice Database based on Number of Days". Rajinifans.com. Archived from the original on 7 February 2019. Retrieved 13 April 2019.
- பாரதி, திரை (6 August 2022). "ஆறிலிருந்து எழுபது வரை: ரஜினி சரிதம் - 72". Kamadenu (in Tamil). Archived from the original on 19 September 2022. Retrieved 17 September 2022.
- "திரையில் ஆக்ரோஷம், உள்ளுக்குள் அழுகை… கலங்கடிக்கும் மெளனிகாவின் கதை…". The Indian Express (in Tamil). 3 December 2019. Archived from the original on 23 January 2021. Retrieved 3 August 2022.
- Rangan, Baradwaj (13 February 2014). "Naturalism was his signature". The Hindu. Retrieved 19 November 2022.
- "Un Kannil Neer Vazhinthaal (1985)". Raaga.com. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- "Unkannil Neervazhinthal Tamil Film EP Vinyl Record by Ilayaraja". Mossymart. Archived from the original on 21 February 2022. Retrieved 21 February 2022.
- ஜெயமன்மதன் (7 July 1985). "உன் கண்ணில் நீர் வழிந்தால்..." Kalki (in Tamil). p. 23. Archived from the original on 29 July 2022. Retrieved 26 May 2022.