Un gallo con muchos huevos
|Un gallo con muchos huevos|
Theatrical release poster
|Box office||$21.9 million|
Un gallo con muchos huevos (Spanish: A Rooster with Many Eggs), released in the United States as Huevos: Little Rooster's Egg-cellent Adventure, is a 3D Mexican computer animated film produced by Huevocartoon Producciones. The third film in the blockbuster Huevos animated film franchise, as well it being the first CG film, it is written, produced, and directed by Huevocartoon alumni Gabriel Riva Palacio Alatriste and Rodolfo Riva Palacio Alatriste.
The film was released on 20 August 2015 in Mexico in 2D and 3D theaters, where it became a major commercial success and grossed $167.8 million pesos during its theatrical run in the country. The film is the highest-grossing animated film produced in Mexico, and the ninth in the industry of all time.
Learning his home is in bankruptcy and being sold, a timid young rooster named Toto (Bruno Bichir/Zachary Gordon) summons the courage to fight a rooster boxing champion Bankivoide (Sergio Sendel) at el Palenque to save his home.
- Bruno Bichir as Toto, the main protagonist who is now a timid rooster. He dreams of becoming a champion boxer like Bakivoide until his points-of-view changes when he officially decides to fight him.
- Angélica Vale as Bibi, a beautiful chicken egg and Willy's girlfriend.
- Omar Chaparro as Patín Patán, a hyped goofball, but smooth duck egg who trains Toto to becoming a boxer by teaching him fighting and non-fighting moves such as flying and swimming.
- Maite Perroni as Di, a beautiful hen and Toto's girlfriend.
- Sergio Sendel as Bankivoide, the championship boxer rooster.
- Ninel Conde as Chiquis, a feminine peacock and Bankivoide's girlfriend. She secretly hatches a plan to launch vultures at the farm home to distract Toto.
- Carlos Espejel as Willy, a chicken egg and ex-sergeant who is Toto's best friend and Bibi's boyfriend.
- Facundo as Soup Duck, a professional rapping duck. He is a spoof of American rapper Snoop Dogg.
- José Lavat as Don Poncho, a rooster who is an ex-boxer and Di's father who tries to help Toto "find his voice".
- Rubén Moya as Matías "El Oscuro" Jiménez, a cowboy man and Bankivoide's former owner who made and won many bets from the chicken fights.
- Maria Alice Delgado as Abuela
- Humberto Vélez as El Padrino
- Gabriel Riva Palacio as Confi, a Cascarón egg. Gabriel also voices Fabián.
- Rodolfo Riva Palacio as Cuache / Cíclope
- Fernando Meza as Tlacua / Pato Anfitrión
- Lourdes Morán as Mamá Gallina, a loving hen and Toto's mother.
- Kintaro Mori as Pato Cool J
- Zachary Gordon as Rolo (Toto)
- Amber Montana as Dee (Di)
- Jon Heder as Mickey Mallard (Patín Patán)
- Alyson Stoner as Sweet Pea (Chiquis)
- Jason Mewes as Carney (Confi)
- Mark Silverman as Talons of Thunder (Bankivoide)
- Talon Reid as Announcer
- Anna Brisbin as Grandma (Abuela)
- Garrett Clayton as Willie (Willy)
- Keith David as Don Alfonso (Don Poncho)
- Travis Randall Clark as Duck MC
- Meredith O'Connor as Mama Hen
- Leon Thomas III as Soup Duck
- Olivia Grace as Bibi
- Dan O’Day McClellan as Shady Slim
The film was released in theaters in the United States on 4 September 2015 by Pantelion Films in 395 theaters across the country. It expanded to 616 theaters the following week, making it the first time a Mexican animated feature had received a wide release in the United States. "We're very pleased about the quality we achieved," Gabriel Riva said in an interview. He also stated that being able to debut the film in the U.S. "is a dream come true".
In Mexico, the film spent three weeks at the number one position. In its first week it earning around $56,904,145 pesos (US$3,380,642) from 2,462 screens. It dropped by -40% in its second week to end the weekend with $1,712,867, and by 30 percent to end the weekend with $1,198,137. It's cumulative total after three weeks is $7,613,968.
In the United States, the film opened at #9 earning around $3.4 million. In its second weekend it increased to 616 screens, seeing a decline of 41 percent to $2,024,134. Its cumulative total after two weeks was $6,791,486.
As of April 18, 2016, the film has grossed $9,080,818 at North American theaters and $16,161,585 from international markets, giving it a worldwide total of $25,242,403.
On Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 63% based on 16 reviews, with an average rating of 5.8/10. According to CinemaScore, audiences gave the film a rare grade of "A+" on an A+ to F scale.
Un gallo con muchos huevos was originally rumored to be the final installment of the franchise. However, it was announced that the fourth and fifth installments are in development. Both of the films will be animated in computer animation.
The fourth film, titled Un rescate de huevitos (formerly Huevitos en fuga), will focus on protagonists Toto and Di which they must rescue their inexperienced but cute egg children after being taken from a collector and being sold in Africa for food. Originally slated for release in 2019, the film is currently in production and is expected to be released in April 2020.
The fifth film, titled Un gallo congelado, will feature a new antagonist, a pirate, who hates Toto and wants to do anything to stop his life. Miguel Rodarte, in which the film is his first voice-acting role, and Arath de la Torre have joined the film's voice cast. It will be released in 2022, after production of Huevitos is finished.
- ‘Un Gallo Con Muchos Huevos’ (‘Little Rooster’s Egg-Cellent Adventure’) Soundtrack Released
- Thill, Scott (21 July 2015). "Meet Huevocartoon, The First Mexican Animated Feature That'll Get A U.S. Release". Cartoon Brew. Cartoon Brew. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- "Un gallo con muchos huevos (2015)". The Numbers. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "'Un gallo con muchos huevos' se lleva la taquilla en 2015". Excelsior. Imagen Digital. 29 December 2015. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- "Las 10 cintas mexicanas mas taquilleras". Grupo Milenio. Grupo Milenio. 15 August 2017. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- Marie de la Fuente, Anna (5 May 2015). "Pantelion Films Sets English-language Thriller 'Tapes' for July Release". Variety. Penske Business Media, LLC. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- Amidi, Amid (5 September 2015). "Mexico's 'Un Gallo con Muchos Huevos' Surprises with a Top 10 U.S. Bow". Cartoon Brew. Cartoon Brew. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- Un Gallo Con Muchos Huevos- Trailer Oficial
- "Canacine / Taquilla del 21 al 23 de agosto del 2015". Canacine. Canacine. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- 4-7 September 2015 - Box Office Mojo
- "Un Gallo con Muchos Huevos (2015)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Un gallo con muchos huevos". Rotten Tomatoes. Flixster. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- ""Huevitos en fuga", la nueva película de huevos". Publimetro Mexico. Metro International. 21 April 2016. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- Pérez, Javier (30 May 2019). "Los estrenos de Videocine para 2019 y 2020". Cine Premiere (in Spanish). g21 Comunicación. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "Miguel Rodarte se suma a Huevocartoon". El Siglo. El Siglo de Durango. 21 January 2018. Retrieved 26 February 2018.
- "Revista Encuadres on Twitter: "Y para seguir con los próximos estrenos de @Videocine esperen #TodosCaen con @MiriHigareda @OMARCHAPARRO @marthahigareda @claudiaalvarezo; Un papá pirata con @mikyroda @natdupeyron; y Un Rescate de Huevitos, de Gabriel y Rodolfo Riva Palacio @huevocartoon #Encuadres"". Twitter. Twitter. 22 May 2019. Retrieved 24 May 2019.
- "Videocine on Twitter: "A la vida hay que echarle huevos. Gabriel Riva Palacio y @huevocartoon lo saben mejor que nadie. No te pierdas "Un Rescate de huevitos"". Twitter. Twitter. 22 May 2019. Retrieved 24 May 2019.