|• Type||Nagar Panchayat|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Sex ratio||51/49 ♂/♀|
|Distance from Lucknow||115 kilometres (71 mi)|
|Distance from Allahabad||85 kilometres (53 mi)|
|Distance from Ganges||7 kilometres (4.3 mi)|
Unchahar is a town and a Nagar Panchayat in Raebareli district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is located on Lucknow Allahabad Highway, 115 km from Lucknow, 85 km from Allahabad. The place is well connected by rail and roads to nearby cities of Kanpur, Lucknow, and Allahabad. Unchahar is also a constituency of Uttar Pradesh Legislative assembly (183 Unchahar Vidhan Sabha).
Unchahar is a town in the fertile Awadh region of Uttar Pradesh. The river Ganga flows 7km southwest to the town. Unchahar has a humid subtropical climate with cool, dry winters from November to February and dry, hot summers from April to June. The rainy season is from July to mid-September. Fog is a common phenomenon from late December to late January. Unchahar is located 38 km from the district headquarters of the Raebareli. It has an average elevation of 111 metres. The dialect spoken here is Awadhi of Hindi language.
Schools in Unchahar
- Chinmaya Vidyalaya, run by Chinmaya Mission
- DAV Public School N. T. P. C.
- Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar Inter College, Sawaiya Dhani
- Har Narayan Inter College Mazharganj
- Saraswati Shishu Mandir
- Saraswati Vidya Mandir Inter College N. T. P. C.
- S.J.S Public School Near Batohi
- Gyan Dayini Saraswati Vidya Mandir School Kotwali Road
- Adarsh Saraswati Gyan Mandir School, Gayatri Nagar
- B. G. Convent School, salon road
- Saraswati Gyan Mandir School Bus stop
- Kids Castle School Arkha fuels
- Vedant Public School Kabeer Churaha
- Unity Public School Ward No 09
- Universal Public School Khatri Tola
- Little Nest Child School N. T. P. C.
- Kaushalya Balika Inter College Super Market
- Shiv Mangal Maurya Balika College Kaithwal Road
- V. S. S. Inter College Arkha
- Jawahar Inter College Arkha
- Jesus and Mary public school Near railway station
- Lord Buddha Publin School opposite rlwy station
- Rangoli Play School kanpur road sawaiya
Degree College in Unchahar
- Dr.Bhim Rao Ambedkar PG college Near C. H. C. UNCHAHAR
- Panchsheel P. G. COLLEGE. ITAURA BUZURG
- Bhagwat Prasad Smarak P. G. College Gauspur
- Parag Mahavidyalaga Babuganj
- Satya Sai Mahavidyalaya Gangauli
- State Bank of India Market Branch
- State Bank of India NTPC Branch
- Dena Bank
- Baroda Gramin Bank Khojanpur
- Allahabad Bank
- United Bank of India
- Bank of Baroda
- Punjab National Bank
- Vijaya Bank
As of 2011[update] Indian census, Unchahar had a population of 324,885. Males constitute 51.5% of the population and females 48.5%. Unchahar has an average literacy rate of 57%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 60%, and female literacy is 40%. In Unchahar, 16% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.