Uncle Tony's Kebabs
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Fast food restaurants|
|Founded||1983Gold Coast, Queensland,|
|Headquarters||Gold Coast, Queensland|
Uncle Tony's Kebabs was an independent specialty fast food retail franchise in Australia that traded from 1983 to 2007 at up to 22 outlets. Its brand identity was phased out in 2008  after being acquired in 2007 by Ali Baba Lebanese Cuisine.
Bill Mansour and his sister Rita founded Uncle Tony's Kebabs in Queensland in 1983. A second location was added in 1986, licensed sale of their products through other take-away outlets started in 1988 and franchising commenced in 1992.
Bill's son Mark Mansour joined the business in 1994 and introduced computerised accounting and distribution systems. In 1997 Mark Mansour became Chief Financial Officer and in 2000 took over as Chief Executive after the retirement of the founders.
Most Uncle Tony's Kebabs franchises were located in Queensland, with a small number in Northern Territory and New South Wales.
In November 2007 Uncle Tony's Kebabs was acquired by Ali Baba, a competitor based in New South Wales.
The company received state and national awards:
- 1997 Gold Coast Family Business of the Year - 2nd Generation Australian Family Business of the Year Awards
- 1998 Queensland State Family Business of the Year - 2nd Generation Australian Family Business of the Year Awards
- 1998 Gold Coast Business Excellence - 2nd Generation Family Business Gold Coast Business Excellence Awards
- 1998 Gold Coast Business Excellence - Supreme Award Gold Coast Business Excellence Awards
- 1998 Finalist - Australian National Franchise of the Year
- 1999 Gold Coast Business Excellence – Retail, Wholesale & Distribution over 10 employees – November Winner Gold Coast Business Excellence Awards
- 2000 Australian Family Business of the Year (2nd Generation) Australian Family Business of the Year Awards
- 2000 Gold Coast Business Excellence – October Winner Gold Coast Business Excellence Awards
- 2003 Q400 - Queensland's top privately owned enterprises Queensland 400
- 2004 Q400 - Queensland's top privately owned enterprises Queensland 400
- 2005 Q400 - Queensland's top privately owned enterprises Queensland 400
Voted through consumer surveys:
- As the best take away on the Gold Coast, (Sea FM Radio)
- Voted as the best kebab outlet on the Gold Coast (The Gold Coast Bulletin).
- Recognised as the Healthiest Fast Food Alternative in a special “healthy feature” aired by television current affairs programme Today Tonight.
- "UNCLE TONY'S KEBABS THE BEST...MATE! UNCLE TONY - 530248". Intellectual Property in Australia. ipaustralia.com.au. Retrieved 31 October 2014.