|Labels||Paper Bag Records|
|Past members||Jake Fairley
Uncut formed as a duo consisting of Ian Worang and Jake Fairley in 2001. After the pair had released a 12" recording, Understanding The New Violence, in 2002, Fairley left to pursue a career as a DJ.
Worang developed Uncut into a full band with guitarists Chris McCann and Sam Goldberg, drummer Jon Drew and bassist Derek Tokar. After performing around southern Ontario, in 2004 Uncut released the album Those Who Were Hung Hang Here on Paper Bag Records. The band also released a single, Devotion.
In 2005, Uncut completed a short tour, after which the band recorded and released Modern Currencies in 2006. The album included songwriting by Worang, Tokar and Goldberg, as well as some backing vocals from Melissa Auf der Maur.
Uncut continues to perform, and in 2013 released a third album, Infinite Repeats.
- Ian Worang (Guitar, Vocals)
- Chris McCann (Guitar, Vocals)
- Jon Drew (Drums)
- Derek Tokar (Bass, Vocals)
- Understanding The New Violence (12"), 2002
- Devotion/Fluent And Pure/Over The Edge (12"), 2004
- Those Who Were Hung Hang Here, 2004
- Modern Currencies, 2006
- Infinite Repeats, 2013
- "Uncut Those Who Were Hung Hang Here". Exclaim!, By Andrew Steenberg Jun 01, 2004
- "Uncut and Jake Fairley Together Again". Soulshine, Sherrill Fulghum 2004-08-13
- "Uncut satisfies a modest crowd". Queens Journal, September 21, 2004 Mike Sallot
- "Uncut Hang Their Hats At Paper Bag". Chart Attack - Apr 28, 2004
- "Uncut convert to Modern Currencies". Queens Journal, October 27, 2006 Vanessa Crandall
- "Uncut Modern Currencies". Pitchfork, by Joe Tangari
- "T.O.’s Uncut digs deep for six-string heroics". Georgia Straight, by John Lucas on November 15th, 2006
- "Uncut". Exclaim!, By Rob Nay May 02, 2007