|Studio album by Ozzy Osbourne|
|Released||1 November 2005|
|Genre||Hard rock, heavy metal|
|Ozzy Osbourne chronology|
|Singles from Under Cover|
Under Cover is the ninth studio album by heavy metal vocalist Ozzy Osbourne. The album consists entirely of cover songs. This is Osbourne's first and only album to feature cover songs from various artists. In 1982, Osbourne released Speak of the Devil which featured renditions of songs from his time with Black Sabbath. All but 3 songs were originally released in the box set Prince of Darkness. The additional songs on this album which are not featured in the Prince of Darkness are "Rocky Mountain Way" "Sunshine of Your Love" and "Go Now".
Under Cover is the only Osbourne album to feature the work of Alice in Chains' guitarist Jerry Cantrell, and the final Osbourne album to feature bassist Chris Wyse. Ten of the album's thirteen tracks were also released as part of the four-disc compilation Prince of Darkness, released earlier the same year.
The album is also available in DualDisc format. This version contains the bonus track "Changes" (originally by Black Sabbath), performed by Osbourne and his daughter Kelly Osbourne. The DVD side contains all the songs in enhanced stereo, a documentary entitled Dinner with Ozzy and Friends, and a video for the song "In My Life".
- Guest musicians
- Ian Hunter – vocals on "All the Young Dudes"
- Leslie West – guitar solo on "Mississippi Queen"
- Robert Randolph – pedal steel on "Sympathy for the Devil", guitar solo on "21st Century Schizoid Man"
- Additional musicians
- Gregg Bissonette, Joe Bonamassa, Bogie Bowles, Tabby Callaghan, Louis Conte, Jim Cox, Madison Derek, Steve Dudas, Molly Foote, Mark Hudson, Sarah Hudson, Michael Landau, James Mastro, Paul Santo, Bruce Sugar
- Produced by Mark Hudson
- Arrangements by Steve Dudas
- Engineered and mixed by Bruce Sugar
- Additional engineering – Kevin Churko and David Frangioni
- Assistant engineers – Jimmy Hoyson, Ghian Wright, Peter Doris, Charlie Paakkari, Jason Agel, Geoff Rice, Andy Brohard, Devin Workman, Alex Scannell
- Mastered by George Marino
- A&R – Kaz Utsunomiya
- Art direction – David Coleman
- Cover photo – Kevin Westenberg
- Tray photo – Dennis Keeley
- Back cover photo – Myriam Santos-Kayda
- Interior photos – Myriam Santos-Kayda, Sam Taylor Wood, Bil Zelman