Under My Wheels
|"Under My Wheels"|
|Single by Alice Cooper|
|from the album Killer|
|Label||Warner Bros. Records|
|Songwriter(s)||Michael Bruce, Dennis Dunaway, Bob Ezrin|
|Alice Cooper singles chronology|
“Under My Wheels” is a rock song by Alice Cooper. It was originally released on the group’s Killer album in 1971, and was also that album's first single release. The song was written by Michael Bruce, Dennis Dunaway and Bob Ezrin.
The Alice Cooper band performed the song on The Old Grey Whistle Test in 1971. It was also performed in Germany on Beat Club. Since then, “Under My Wheels” has been a staple of Cooper’s live shows, being the equal third most-performed song in his catalogue behind only “School’s Out” and “I’m Eighteen”, though equalled by “Billion Dollar Babies”. It has been played regularly upon every tour Cooper has done since the single’s release.
It was re-recorded in 1988 by Cooper and Guns N' Roses, with the vocals performed as a duet between Cooper and Axl Rose, for the soundtrack of The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years on Slash Records , which came out after the release of the Raise Your Fist and Yell album, with its supporting US tour being opened by Guns N' Roses.
Releases on albums
- Killer - 1971
- Alice Cooper's Greatest Hits - 1974 (as a remixed version)
- The Beast of Alice Cooper - 1989
- The Life and Crimes of Alice Cooper - 1999
- Mascara & Monsters: The Best of Alice Cooper - 2001
- Guarisco, Donald A. "Under My Wheels - Alice Cooper | Song Info". AllMusic. Retrieved 23 July 2019.
- The Old Grey Whistle Test (DVD). Warner Home Video. 2003.
- Alice Cooper Setlist Statistics; Most Played Songs
- Alice Cooper Setlist Statistics; ‘Under My Wheels’
- "Discography - Is It My Body". Sonicyouth.com. Retrieved 18 January 2015.