|This article does not cite any references (sources). (June 2015)|
||It has been suggested that Hardy Boys:Burned be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since April 2014.|
|Author||Franklin W. Dixon|
|Genre||Detective, Mystery novel|
|Media type||Print (paperback)|
The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers is a detective fiction series of books published by Aladdin Paperbacks (an imprint of Simon & Schuster), which replaced The Hardy Boys Digest paperbacks in early 2005. All the books in the series have been written under the pen name of Franklin W. Dixon.
- 1 Series Background
- 2 The Murder House Trilogy
- 3 List of Titles in this Series
- 4 Super Mysteries
- 5 Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys Super Mysteries
- 6 Graphic Novels
The Undercover Brothers is about two teenage brother detectives, Frank and Joe Hardy, who are the sons of world famous PI Fenton Hardy. Although there are many similarities in this series to previous Hardy Boys series, there are also many changes, for example::
- The Hardy boys are undercover agents for ATAC (American Teens Against Crime), a top secret government organization, co-founded by their father, and are solving more realistic and violent crimes. Since it is a top-secret organization, Frank and Joe often need to make up excuses to convince their mother and aunt to let them go places.
- The books in this series are written in first-person narrative style with Frank and Joe alternating chapters and often interrupting each other.
- The Hardy boys' aunt's name is shortened from Gertrude to Trudy. It is revealed in Hurricane Joe why she shortened her name to Trudy. This version is much younger than the character in other Hardy Boys series.
- The Hardy boys' long-time girlfriends, Callie Shaw and Iola Morton, appear in the books, but Frank and Joe are no longer dating them. Other friends from the original series are occasionally mentioned but never play important roles as they did in the past.
- The Hardys have a pet parrot named Playback.
The Murder House Trilogy
The Murder House Trilogy is the first Hardy Boys mini-series since 1993 and only the third one ever. (The other two are the Operation Phoenix Trilogy and the Ring of Evil Trilogy.) All books following this arc are trilogies.
List of Titles in this Series
- 1. Extreme Danger
- 2. Running On Fumes
- 3. Boardwalk Bust
- 4. Thrill Ride
- 5. Rocky Road
- 6. Burned
- 7. Operation: Survival
- 8. Top Ten Ways To Die
- Spy Set (Boxed set #1-4)
- Undercover Brothers (Boxed set #1-8)
- 14. Hazed
- 15. Death And Diamonds
- 16. Bayport Buccaneers
- 17. Murder At The Mall
- 18. Pushed
- 19. Foul Play
- 20. Feeding Frenzy
- 21. Comic Con Artist
- 22. Deprivation House (Murder House Trilogy)
- 23. House Arrest
- 24. Murder House
- 25. Double Trouble (Double Danger Trilogy)
- 26. Double Down
- 27. Double Deception
- 28. Galaxy X (Galaxy X Trilogy)
- 29. X-Plosion
- 30. The X-Factor
- 31. Killer Mission (Killer Mystery Trilogy)
- 32. Private Killer
- 33. Killer Connections
- 34. Children of the Lost (Lost Mystery Trilogy)
- 35. Lost Brother
- 36. Forever Lost
- 37. Movie Menace (Deathstalker Trilogy)
- 38. Movie Mission
- 39. Movie Mayhem
- 1. Wanted (2006)
Two boys were seen committing crimes all over Bayport, reportedly named Joe and Frank Hardy (obviously a pseudonym to escape the police).
- 2. Kidnapped at the Casino (2007)
A college reporter, Kathy Boutry who was on trail of several huge stories has disappeared, possibly kidnapped in Atlantic City, NJ. It seems like everyone in Atlantic City has something to hide.
- 3. Haunted (2008)
The brothers must solve a very creepy mystery about an abandoned asylum and find out who is haunting it.
Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys Super Mysteries
The Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys Super Mystery series (which is a spin-off of the Undercover Brothers and Girl Detective series) was first published in June 2007 and is not to be confused with the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery series that was published between 1988 and 1998.
- 1. Terror on Tour (6-5-07)
- American Teens Against Crime (ATAC for short) thinking someone wants to disrupt the biggest rock concert of the year, Rockapazooma (all the proceeds of the show go to environmental groups), they send their two best undercover agents, Frank and Joe Hardy to the concert to be on the look out for anything suspicious. Meanwhile Nancy Drew and her friends came to Rockapazooma to enjoy the concert. Nancy and the Hardy boys meet and share a thrilling adventure together.
- 2. Danger Overseas (5-6-08)
- Frank and Joe are given a mission to find a girl, and Nancy Drew happens to run into that girl when she tries to steal Bess Marvin's purse. The girl, unfortunately, has amnesia.
- 3. Club Dread (5-5-09)
- Frank and Joe are sent to a tropical island resort to investigate a string of thefts and run into Nancy Drew, who is staying at the same hotel as a guest.
- 4. Gold Medal Murder (7-6-10)
- Frank and Joe are given a mission to protect Olympic swimmer Scott Trevor after he begins to receive anonymous threats. They once again run into Nancy Drew and team up to solve the mystery.
- 5. Bonfire Masquerade (7-12-11)
- Frank and Joe search for the vandals who burn down many buildings during a huge new orleans celebration
- 6. Stage Fright (7-2012)
- Frank and Joe go to Manhattan to investigate who is threatening the teenage stage actress Claire Cleveland on the premiere of the stage play Nancy Wake. Nancy Drew, who is also given the same mission by the police, meets the Hardy's in the theater.
In the spring of 2005 NBM lunched its new imprint, Papercutz, with the publication of two three part comic book series; Nancy Drew The Demon of River Heights and The Hardy Boys The Ocean of Osyria. After the completion of both series, the The Demon of River Heights series and The Ocean of Osyria series were both collected into 92 page graphic novels, becoming the first titles in the Nancy Drew Graphic Novel series and The Hardy Boys Graphic Novel series respectively.
All other titles in both series have been made in graphic novel format only and are published every three months.
List of Titles in this Series
Below is a list of titles in The Hardy Boys Graphic Novel series:
- 1. The Ocean of Osyria
When Chet Morton’s Internet account is hacked into and used to bid on a stolen artifact, the Ocean of Osyria, best friends Frank and Joe Hardy, along with girlfriends Callie Shaw and Iola Morton, head to Osyria (the location of the auction), to clear Chet’s name.
- 2. Identity Theft
The brothers investigate a very strange mystery about a popular, wealthy teenage girl's stolen identity.
- 3. Mad House
- 4. Malled
The brothers and a few foreign shoppers were locked up in Bayport's new shopping mall deliberately by a mysterious man who sabotaged the mall with lots of traps. The 'prisoners' must struggle to survive together, find a way to escape (fast!) and find and stop the man with a few ATAC gadgets the brothers have before it's too late.
- 4. Malled
- 5. Sea You, Sea Me
- 6. Hyde & Shriek
- 7. The Opposite Numbers
- 8. Board to Death
The brothers must figure out who's trying to kill the competition at a skateboard tournament.
- 9. To Die or Not to Die
The boys head to a drama competition for high school students to snoop out a sabotager wanting to win... but is Frank falling in love with the representative for Bayport?
- 10. A Hardy Day's Night
The Hardy Boys have to rescue an agent's son or they'll be dead!
- 11. Abracadeath
- 12. Dude Ranch O' Death!
- 13. The Deadliest Stunt
The brothers head to a stunt competition to work with Lindsay Rider... as backup!
- 14. Haley Danelle's Top Eight!
When Haley's internet friends start disappearing in real life, the boys decide to help out.
- 15. Live Free, Die Hardy!
- 16. Shhhhhh!
- 17. Word Up!
- 18. D.A.N.G.E.R. spells the hangman
- 19. Chaos at 50,000 feet!
- 20. Deadly Strategy