Stepping off of one's bicycle is prohibited, resulting in disqualification. Aggressive acts such as pushing other racers are also forbidden.
The racers race through an underwater course that stretches out about a half-mile. 10 people are typically allowed to compete in these races. In the races, there are additional divers that monitor the race in case of emergency. There are most often two watchers per person.
- "Farthest distance cycling underwater". Guinness World Records. Retrieved October 22, 2014.
- "Man breaks underwater cycling record". The Telegraph.
- "Russians attempt underwater cycling". The Telegraph.
- "Southampton underwater record attempt 'too dangerous' to continue". BBC News.
- "Underwater Cycling World Record Broken By Two Ex-Royal Marines At Southampton Boat Show". Huffington Post.
- Dabu, Christl. "Top 10 incredible travel feats: Deepest underwater cycling". MSN.ca Travel. Archived from the original on March 9, 2011.