This article does not cite any sources. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Single by Sarah Brightman|
music: Andrew Lloyd Webber |
lyrics: Don Black.
|Sarah Brightman singles chronology|
"Unexpected Song" is a 1984 song from the musical Song & Dance originally sung (on Broadway) by Bernadette Peters. The music was written by Andrew Lloyd Webber, with lyrics by Don Black. A single was released by Sarah Brightman. Originally released by Marti Webb and Justin Hayward as a duet in 1981 the song had new lyrics penned for the original 1982 production of the show and was re-titled "When You Want to Fall in Love". The original lyrics were re-instated when the show was re-written for Brightman's run. It was later used in Lloyd Webber's and Black's reworking of the show, returning to the original album title of Tell Me on a Sunday. The single peaked at #76 on the UK Singles Chart.
The song's melody was originally heard as Variation 5 on Lloyd Webber's 1978 instrumental album Variations. The remainder of the album became the dance music for the second act of Song & Dance.
- "Unexpected Song"
- "Come Back With the Same Look in Your Eyes"
- Bernadette Peters on Song & Dance: Original Broadway Cast Recording (1985)
- Michael Crawford on Songs From the Stage & Screen (1987)
- Paul Jones on The Andrew Lloyd Webber Collection (1991)
- Clare Burt on Aspects of Andrew Lloyd Webber Volume 2 (1996)
- Michael Ball on Julian Lloyd Webber's Unexpected Songs (2006)
- Anthony Warlow on Best of Act One
- Denise Van Outen on Tell Me On a Sunday (2006)
- Myrra Malmberg on Unexpected: Myrra Malmberg Sings Lloyd Webber (1997)
- Dave Willetts on The Musicals Unplugged (2003)
|This 1980s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|