Unfold the Future
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Unfold the Future|
|Studio album by|
|Released||5 November 2002|
|Recorded||June - September 2002|
|The Flower Kings chronology|
Unfold the Future is the seventh studio album by the progressive rock band The Flower Kings, which was released in 2002. It is also the band's third studio double-CD. A limited special edition of the album contained an instrumental bonus track.
This album is the first appearance of both drummer Zoltan Csörsz, replacing the original member Jaime Salazar, and Pain of Salvation's frontman Daniel Gildenlöw, the latter as a guest vocalist on several tracks.
The style of the album shows several influences of jazz music and experimentation, with the inclusion of two free-form jams (or three, counting the special edition bonus track), along with the band's traditional symphonic progressive rock style.
In 2017, the album was remixed and reissued on vinyl. The 2017 version was also included in the box set "A Kingdom of Colours: The Complete Collection from 1995-2002".
|1.||"The Truth Will Set You Free"
|3.||"Black and White"||Tomas Bodin, Stolt||7:39|
|4.||"Christianopel"||Bodin, Zoltan Csörsz, Jonas Reingold, Stolt||8:16|
|6.||"The Navigator"||Bodin, Stolt||3:39|
|1.||"Genie in a Bottle"||Stolt||8:09|
|3.||"Grand Old World"||Stolt||5:26|
|4.||"Soul Vortex"||Bodin, Csörsz, Reingold, Stolt||4:38|
|5.||"Rollin' the Dice"||Bodin||5:00|
|6.||"The Devil's Danceschool"||Reingold||5:08|
|8.||"Solitary Shell"||Bodin, Stolt||2:50|
|9.||"Devil's Playground"||Bodin, Stolt||25:26|
|10.||"Too Late for Tomatoes (bonus track)"||Bodin, Csörsz, Reingold, Stolt||10:24|
NOTE: For the 2017 reissue, Devil's Playground has a reduced playing time of 19:02.
- Tomas Bodin - keyboards
- Hasse Bruniusson - marimba, glockenspiel, dulcimer, other percussion
- Zoltan Csörsz - drums
- Hasse Fröberg - vocals, guitars
- Jonas Reingold - bass guitar
- Roine Stolt - vocals, guitars, keyboards
- Daniel Gildenlöw - backing vocals, lead vocals on "Fast Lane", "Rollin' the Dice" and parts of "Devil's Playground"
- Ulf Wallander - soprano saxophone
- Couture, François. "Unfold the Future - The Flower Kings | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- "PROGRESSIVEWORLD.NET: REVIEWS BY KEITH 'MUZIKMAN' HANNALECK". Archived from the original on March 27, 2009. Retrieved 2007-11-17.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
|This 2000s progressive rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|