A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||World Trade Center|
Accra, Greater Accra
Dr. Kwabena Duffuor II
Chief Executive Officer
|Products||Loans, Checking, Savings, Investments, Debit Cards|
|Revenue||:Aftertax: US$8.7 million (2013) (GHS:26,016,118)|
|Total assets||US$433+ million (2013) (GHS:1.3 billion)|
uniBank was a tier one financial services provider, the bank's total assets were valued at approximately US$433 million (GHS:1.3 billion), with shareholders' equity of approximately US$50 million (GHS:151 million).
uniBank was incorporated in 1997 as a financial services provider. Following the issuance of a banking license, uniBank began providing banking services in January 2001, focusing on meeting the banking needs of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and those of individual customers. In 2009, the bank began offering Internet banking and mobile banking.
The stock of uniBank is privately held. The detailed shareholding in the company stock is not publicly available at the moment.
Opoku-Gyamfi Boateng is the Board Chairman; Dr. Kwabena Duffuor II is the Chief Executive Officer.
As of May 2017, uniBank maintained Fifty-five (55) networked branches in nine of Ghana's ten (10) Regions namely: Ashanti, Greater Accra, Western Region, Eastern Region, Brong Ahafo, Northern Region and Upper East Region.
On 7 November 2013, uniBank became the first indigenous and wholly owned Ashanti bank to sponsor the Ghana national football team – The Black Stars. This sponsorship agreement between the bank and the Ghana Football Association is a three-year deal worth 1.2 million dollars. The deal was hailed by Kwesi Nyantakyi, President of the GFA and was considered timely as the team was preparing for their final phase of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. The bank per the agreement will pay the Ghana Football Association 400,000 dollars per year until 2015.
Brand Ambassador - uniBank the official bank of the Black Stars, on January 22, 2014 struck a two-year deal with Black Stars’ captain, Asamoah Gyan, as its brand icon. Gyan, who led the Black Stars to their third successive World Cup qualification, will for two years, promote the products and services of the bank. Gyan, as per the terms of the deal, would appear on print and electronic advertising media of the bank, as well as endorse the brand in and outside the country, while the bank will make annual financial commitments to the player. 
Bank of Ghana Takeover
Emmanuel Akrong, who is the author of Asset Quality Performance of Banks in Ghana, the book that predicted the collapse of at least eight banks, has claimed "Unibank was borrowing to finance its loans" before its takeover by Bank of Ghana.
UniBank was one of nine banks identified after the asset quality review exercise undertaken in 2016, to be significantly undercapitalized with a CAR of 4.75%.
- List of Licensed Commercial Banks In Ghana
- Technologies, Sci-Fi Web. "uniBank" (PDF). www.unibankghana.com. Retrieved 2017-08-17.
- Technologies, Sci-Fi Web. "uniBank | Welcome". www.unibankghana.com. Retrieved 2017-08-17.
- Nonor, Daniel (2011-02-16). "Ghana: Unibank Earmarks Gh ¢470 Million for SMEs This Year". Ghanaian Chronicle (Accra). Retrieved 2017-08-17.
- Frimpong, George Kyei (2009-11-03). "Ghana: UniBank Celebrates Customer Appreciation Week". Ghanaian Chronicle (Accra). Retrieved 2017-08-17.
- Technologies, Sci-Fi Web. "uniBank". www.unibankghana.com. Retrieved 2017-08-17.
- Technologies, Sci-Fi Web. "uniBank | Branch Directory". www.unibankghana.com. Retrieved 2017-08-17.
- "UniBank Ghana Limited signs Asamoah Gyan as its brand icon - MyJoyOnline.com". myjoyonline.com. Retrieved 2017-08-17.
- "404:Page Not Found |Ghanafa.org". www.ghanafa.org. Retrieved 2017-08-17.
- "Here are 10 reasons why BoG took over uniBank - citifmonline.com". citifmonline.com. 2018-03-20. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "BREAKING NEWS: BoG takes over management of Unibank". Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- Frimpong, Enoch Darfah. "Bank of Ghana takes over uniBank". Ghana News. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "Unibank has been on life support for over a year- Consultant". Retrieved 2018-03-21.
- "BREAKING NEWS: BoG takes over management of Unibank". Retrieved 2018-03-21.
- "Gov't is to blame for collapse of Unibank- Ato Forson alleges". Retrieved 2018-03-22.