UniSuper is an Australian superannuation fund that provides superannuation services to employees of Australia's higher education and research sector. The fund has over 400,000 members and $56.8 billion in assets (funds under management and total member accounts at 30 September 2016).
UniSuper is a not-for-profit company whose shareholders are 37 Australian universities and is governed by a corporate Trustee, UniSuper Limited. All the universities have representation on the Consultative Committee.
UniSuper has been granted a MySuper authority, enabling it to continue to receive default superannuation contributions from 1 January 2014.
UniSuper's Chief Executive Officer is Kevin O'Sullivan. Chris Cuffe, a UniSuper director and formerly the CEO of Colonial First State Investments and Challenger Financial Services Group was appointed Chairman on 16 June 2011.
UniSuper’s Board of Directors governs the operations of UniSuper to ensure the Fund is administered in accordance with the Trust Deed, and determines the strategic direction of the Fund. The Board represents, and is accountable to, the members of UniSuper and the Fund’s participating employers.
The directors of UniSuper as of 2016 are:
- Directors representing employers
- Nominated by shareholder universities
- Professor Peter Dawkins (Vice-Chancellor and President, Victoria University)
- Professor Jane den Hollander (Vice Chancellor, Deakin University)
- Nominated by the Consultative Committee employer representatives
- Dr Susan Gould
- Stephen Somogyi
- Directors representing members
- Nominated by the Consultative Committee member representatives
- Professor Lelia Green
- Keith Tull
- Nominated by national unions
- Grahame McCulloch
- Neville Kitchin
- Independent Directors
- Chris Cuffe (Chairman)
- Ian Martin AM
- Nicolette Rubinsztein
- "The Board". UniSuper. Retrieved 2016-10-12.