||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||Nasdaq Stockholm: UNIB SDB|
Number of locations
|Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, France, Gibraltar, Italy, Malta, UK|
|Henrik Tjärnström (CEO)|
|Products||Unibet Sportsbook, Unibet Casino & Games, Unibet Poker & Bingo|
|Revenue||£354.1 million (2015)|
Number of employees
Unibet is a company that operates with online gambling and offers products such as online casino, online poker, online bingo, sports betting, soft games, scratch cards and live betting. The headquarters of the company is located in Malta and is owned by Nordic OMX listed public company Unibet Group plc. In 2012, the company’s turnover was GBP 197.2 million.
In 2011 Unibet was awarded one of 48 licenses for the newly re-regulated Danish market.
In 2012 Unibet acquired Bet24, a Danish online bookmaker.
On 3 December 2013 Unibet announced that it was moving its poker operation away from the MPN network to offer a standalone poker site. In April 2014 Unibet signed a deal with Thunderkick, making them one of the first brands to support Thunderkick games.
On 19 May 2014, shareholders of Unibet Group plc approved the proposed spin-off of its B2B subsidiary Kambi Group Plc. The company's 95 per cent stake in the business was subsequently distributed to Unibet shareholders. The Kambi Group Plc share started trading on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm First North on 2 June 2014. The share closed at SEK 34 on the first day of trading, giving the company a market valuation of SEK 1,011,200,700.
Unibet Group Plc. purchased Bingo.com Ltd.’s www.bingo.com domain and its real money online gambling business for a total of $8 million effective December 31, 2014. Unibet paid $2 million in cash and the remaining balance was paid with the redemption of its 15,000,000 in common shares in Bingo.com at $0.40 per share.
On November 14, 2016, the Unibet Group announced a partnership with Swedish electronic identification service, BankID, as the first gambling operator to utilize the bank developed solution at its Unibet and Maria Casino brands.
- "Annual Report 2015" (PDF). Unibet. Retrieved 4 April 2016.
- "Unibet Group plc Investor Relations". Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Danish Gambling Authority hands out first licences". Calvin Ayre Foundation. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- Stagno-Navarra, Karl. "Unibet acquires Bet24 and transfers employees to Malta". MediaToday. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Unibet Departing MPN to Offer Standalone Poker Site". Vita Ltd. 3 December 2013. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Thunderkick Signs Deal With Unibet". Casino Reviewer. 7 April 2014. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- "Unibet shareholders approve Kambi spin-off at AGM - Gaming Intelligence". www.gamingintelligence.com. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- "Kambi - NASDAQ OMX NORDIC". www.nasdaqomxnordic.com. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- "Press release : Kambi Group plc". kambigroupplc.com. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- "Bingo.com Sold to Unibet". latestbingobonuses.com/. 1 January 2015.
- "Unibet Group first gambling operator to integrate BankID in Sweden". news.cision.com. Retrieved 2016-11-17.