||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||Nasdaq Stockholm: KIND SDB|
Number of locations
|Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, France, Gibraltar, Italy, Malta, UK|
|Henrik Tjärnström (CEO)|
|Products||Unibet Sportsbook, Unibet Casino & Games, Unibet Poker & Bingo|
|Revenue||£354.1 million (2016)|
Number of employees
Unibet Group was renamed Kindred plc on 6th December 2016.
Kindred is one of the largest online gambling companies in the world with over 15 million customers across 100 markets.
The company was founded in 1997 by Anders Ström and listed on Nasdaq Stockholm in 2004. Kindred is committed to offer our customers the best deal and user experience possible, while ensuring a safe and fair gambling environment.
We offer pre-game and live Sports betting, Poker, Casino and Games through 10 subsidiaries and brands across our markets. While our core markets are in Europe and Australia, we address most global markets.
Kindred is a pioneer in the online gambling industry and as an innovation driven company that builds on trust, we have led the development into areas such as technological advancements, mobile solutions, new product launches, as well as player safety and responsible gambling improvements.
Kindred in Brief
• The Group was founded in 1997 as Unibet by Anders Ström
• Kindred Group is Europe’s leading online gambling operator with over 15.8 million customers
• Head office is located on Malta and we are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm Large Cap
• Brand portfolio consists of 13 brands, among them Unibet, Maria Casino, Stan James and iGame
• Over 1,100 dedicated employees work to ensure the best possible customer experience within the product categories sports betting, casino, poker, games, bingo and racing
• Kindred Group operates in 20 different languages, in more than 100 countries
• Gross winnings revenue from Q1 – Q4 2016 was 544.1 million GBP
• Certified by G4 (Global Gaming Guidance Group), complying with their Code of Practice in relation to responsible gambling
• Kindred Group is certified to be compliant with eCOGRA’s standards
• Kindred Group is a member of the European Gaming and Betting Association and the Remote Gambling Association
• Kindred Group is a founding member of ESSA
• Kindred Group has ESG rating AAA by MSCI
More than 1,100,000 active customers
162,676 live betting events
35,400 streamed events
71% of revenue come from mobile
16 – 18 million transactions per day
64 million personalized email messages sent
As per Q4 2016
Kindred is a company that operates with online gambling and offers products such as online casino, online poker, online bingo, sports betting, soft games, scratch cards and live betting. The headquarters of the company is located in Malta and is owned by Nordic OMX listed public company Unibet Group Plc. In 2012, the company’s turnover was GBP 197.2 million.
In 2011 Kindred (under the name Unibet Group Plc) was awarded one of 48 licenses for the newly re-regulated Danish market.
In 2012 Kindred (under the name Unibet Group Plc) acquired Bet24, a Danish online bookmaker.
On 3 December 2013 (under the name Unibet Group Plc) announced that it was moving its poker operation away from the MPN network to offer a standalone poker site. In April 2014 Unibet signed a deal with Thunderkick, making them one of the first brands to support Thunderkick games.
On 19 May 2014, shareholders of Kindred (under the name Unibet Group Plc) approved the proposed spin-off of its B2B subsidiary Kambi Group Plc. The company's 95 per cent stake in the business was subsequently distributed to Kindred (under the name Unibet Group Plc) shareholders. The Kambi Group Plc share started trading on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm First North on 2 June 2014. The share closed at SEK 34 on the first day of trading, giving the company a market valuation of SEK 1,011,200,700.
Kindred (under the name Unibet Group Plc) purchased Bingo.com Ltd.’s www.bingo.com domain and its real money online gambling business for a total of $8 million effective December 31, 2014. Kindred (under the name Unibet Group Plc)paid $2 million in cash and the remaining balance was paid with the redemption of its 15,000,000 in common shares in Bingo.com at $0.40 per share.
On November 14, 2016, Kindred (under the name Unibet Group Plc) announced a partnership with Swedish electronic identification service, BankID, as the first gambling operator to utilize the bank developed solution at its Kindred (under the name Unibet Group Plc) and Maria Casino brands.
Kindred (under the name Unibet Group Plc) continued on their acquisition trail in July 2015 with the purchase of Stan James online. The price paid was believed to be £19 million in cash, adjusted for any customer liabilities. The deal did not include any of the Stan James high street retail shops, which remained under the Stan James brand.
In December 2016, shareholders at Unibet Group Plc agreed to change the name of the business to Kindred Group Plc. The change was due to the company's focus on developing a multi-brand strategy moving forward.
The newly named Kindred Plc continued their acquisition strategy in February 2017, snapping up the Gibraltar-based online gaming business 32Red Plc. The deal, worth £175.6m, included the online casinos 32Red.com, Roxy Palace and some smaller Microgaming-powered casinos. Following the previous purchase of Stan James online, this latest purchase confirmed Kindred's keen interest in the UK online gambling market.
- (PDF) http://www.kindredplc.com/get_press_release.php?f=http%3A%2F%2Fmb.cision.com%2FMain%2F824%2F2186800%2F627888.pdf. Missing or empty
- "Unibet Group plc Investor Relations". Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Danish Gambling Authority hands out first licences". Calvin Ayre Foundation. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- Stagno-Navarra, Karl. "Unibet acquires Bet24 and transfers employees to Malta". MediaToday. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Unibet Departing MPN to Offer Standalone Poker Site". Vita Ltd. 3 December 2013. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Thunderkick Signs Deal With Unibet". Casino Reviewer. 7 April 2014. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- "Unibet shareholders approve Kambi spin-off at AGM - Gaming Intelligence". www.gamingintelligence.com. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- "Kambi - NASDAQ OMX NORDIC". www.nasdaqomxnordic.com. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- "Press release : Kambi Group plc". kambigroupplc.com. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- "Unibet buys Bingo.com". intergameonline.com/. 23 June 2015.
- "Unibet Group first gambling operator to integrate BankID in Sweden". news.cision.com. Retrieved 2016-11-17.
- "Unibet Group plc: Unibet Acquires Stan James Online". Business Insider. 10 July 2015. Retrieved 23 February 2017.
- "Unibet Group plc: Unibet officially renamed Kindred Group Plc". Gambling Insider. 6 December 2016. Retrieved 23 February 2017.
- "Kindred to Buy 32Red for $219 Million in Latest Gaming Deal". Bloomberg. 23 February 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2017.