Unified Endpoint Management
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Review sections (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Unified Endpoint Management is a class of software tools that provide a single management interface for mobile, PC and other devices. It is an evolution of, and replacement for, mobile device management (MDM) and enterprise mobility management (EMM) and client management tools.
It provides capabilities for managing and securing mobile applications, content, collaboration and more. It is a single approach to managing all endpoints like smartphones, tablets, laptops, printers, ruggedized devices, Internet of Things (IoT) and wearables.
With new types of devices are being used workplace every day, administration of traditional laptops, desktops and new devices was a very challenging task for IT administrators. Traditional CMTs (Client management tools) lacks some features which help in the complete approach for endpoint management. The rise of UEM was also a result of the odption of newer enterprise friendly platforms like Windows10, and iOS11.
The difference in MDM, EMM and UEM
- MDM controls mobile device functionality and converts it into a single purpose or dedicated device. It has features like device enrollment, remote control, device lockdown, and location tracking
- EMM is the next stage the MDM which offers all MDM features but also provides features like Mobile Information Management, Bring Your Own Device, Mobile Application Management and Mobile Content Management.
- UEM is the next stage after EMM where not only enterprises focus on managing mobile devices but also endpoints like desktops, printers,IoT devices and wearables from one management platform
List of UEM Tools
|UEM Product Name||Company||Supported OS||Deployment|
|VMware||AirWatch||Android, BlackBerry, iOS, Symbian, Windows Phone||On-premises, Cloud|
|Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) suite||Microsoft||Android, BlackBerry, iOS,[Windows Phone]]||On-premises, Cloud|
|MaaS360||IBM||Android, BlackBerry, iOS, MacOS,Windows Phone||Cloud|
|Citrix Endpoint Management||Citrix||Android, BlackBerry, iOS, mac OS, Windows||On-premises, Cloud|
|Blackberry||BlackBerry UEM||Windows 10, macOS Sierra, Wearables and IoTs||On-premises, Cloud|
|Sophos Mobile UEM||Sophos||Android, iOS, Windows Phone||On-premises, Cloud|
|MobileIron EMM||MobileIron||Android, BlackBerry, iOS, Symbian, Windows Phone||On-premises, Cloud|
|ManageEngine||Desktop Central||macOS, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS and Windows||On-premises, Cloud|
|42Gears UEM||42Gears||Android, iOS, Windows, MacOS, WearOS, Linux, VR, IoT||On-premises, Cloud|
|SOTI ONE||SOTI||macOS, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS and Windows||On-premises, Cloud|
|Landesk||Ivanti||Windows PC and Macs||On-premises|
|Hexnode MDM||Hexnode||Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, tvOS||On-premises, Cloud|
- "Magic Quadrant for Unified Endpoint Management Tools". www.gartner.com. Retrieved 2018-11-18.
- "What is unified endpoint management (UEM)? - Definition from WhatIs.com".
- "Difference in MDM, EMM and UEM". 2017-07-10.