Union, Door County, Wisconsin
Location of Union, Wisconsin
|• Total||35.9 sq mi (93.0 km2)|
|• Land||21.2 sq mi (54.8 km2)|
|• Water||14.7 sq mi (38.2 km2)|
|Elevation||597 ft (182 m)|
|• Density||41.6/sq mi (16.0/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−06:00 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−05:00 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1584310|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 35.9 square miles (93.0 km²), of which, 21.2 square miles (54.8 km²) of it is land and 14.7 square miles (38.2 km²) of it (41.02%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 880 people, 335 households, and 259 families residing in the town. The population density was 41.6 people per square mile (16.0/km²). There were 512 housing units at an average density of 24.2 per square mile (9.3/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 99.20% White, 0.34% African American, 0.23% Asian, and 0.23% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.45% of the population.
There were 335 households out of which 31.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 69.0% were married couples living together, 5.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 22.4% were non-families. 17.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.63 and the average family size was 3.00.
In the town, the population was spread out with 26.1% under the age of 18, 6.8% from 18 to 24, 27.6% from 25 to 44, 27.0% from 45 to 64, and 12.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females, there were 102.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 105.7 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $47,604, and the median income for a family was $51,917. Males had a median income of $32,250 versus $21,875 for females. The per capita income for the town was $19,372. About 4.1% of families and 5.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 2.4% of those under age 18 and 7.0% of those age 65 or over.
Most Belgian American towns
- Union, Door County, Wisconsin: 49%
- Red River, Wisconsin (Kewaunee County): 47%
- Brussels, Wisconsin (Door County): 36.4% (composed of "Brussels community" & "Namur Community")
- Lincoln, Kewaunee County, Wisconsin: 35.4%
- Green Bay (town), Wisconsin (Brown County): 31.8%
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Map of the Town of Union, Door County Land Use Services Dept, August 16, 2017
- "Door county map" (PDF). Wisconsin DOT. Retrieved 2 December 2017.
- Belgian ancestry by city - ePodunk - Union forgotten !!
- http://www.epodunk.com, Union, WI
- http://www.epodunk.com, Red River, WI
- http://www.epodunk.com Brussels, WI
- http://www.epodunk.com, Lincoln, WI
- http://www.epodunk.com, Green Bay (town), WI