Union City Transit
Union City Transit buses at Union City station
|Headquarters||34650 Seventh Street|
|Locale||Union City, California|
|Service type||bus service, paratransit|
Union City Transit is a public transit service in Union City, California, in the San Francisco Bay Area. It began operations in 1974 with the opening of the Union City BART station. The service was formerly known as "the Flea." As of 2015[update], Union City Transit operates eight bus lines that connect riders to local destinations, such as schools, shopping centers, and the Union City BART station. All operate on weekdays; seven also operate on Saturdays and six also operate on Sundays.
AC Transit also provides service to Union City.
The main transfer points for Union City Transit are located at Union City BART and Union Landing Transit Center. On 12 October 2013, the transit agency expanded its service significantly by providing:
- New routes on top of its existing services (removing the A and B suffixes from Route 1)
- More hours on its most popular services
- Saturday service on seven routes (Routes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8)
- Sunday service on six routes (Routes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 8)
- A more frequent service along Alvarado-Niles Road, one of the city's main arterial roads (Routes 1, 3, 5, 8, and 9)
- A new express service (Route 9) that operates peak periods between BART and residential neighborhoods on the western part of the city
|Route & Name||Terminals||Days of Operation||Via||Notes|
|Union City BART||Union City Blvd. & Dyer St.||Daily||Alvarado-Niles Rd., Union Landing, Dyer St., Contempo Park, Delores St., Rocklin St., Union City Blvd.||
|Union City BART||Union Landing Transit Center||Daily||Decoto District, Whipple Rd., Kaiser Hospital||
|Union City BART||Union Landing Transit Center||Daily||Alvarado-Niles Rd., Medallion St., Almaden St., The Tropics||
|Union City BART||Union Landing Transit Center||Daily||Seventh St., Seven Hills, Mission Blvd., Tamarack Rd., Whipple Rd., Calaveras Landing Shopping Center, Dyer St.||
|Union City BART||Union City Blvd. & Dyer St.||Daily||Alvarado-Niles Rd., Union Landing, Dyer St., Alvarado Blvd., Union City Sports Center, Union City Blvd., Regents St.||
|Union Landing Transit Center||Weekdays & Saturdays||Dyer St., Calaveras Landing Shopping Center, Whipple Ave., Kaiser Hospital, Union City Sports Center, Union City Blvd., Delores St., Contempo Park||
|Union City BART||Union Landing Transit Center||Daily||Perry Rd., Alvarado-Niles Rd., Union Landing, Smith St., Union City Blvd., Kaiser Hospital||
|Union City BART||Union City Blvd. & Rocklin St.||Weekdays||Alvarado-Niles Rd. (Logan High School and Central Ave Stops Only), Union Landing, Dyer St., Union City Blvd.||
|Type||Adults (18-64)||Youth (6-17) †||Senior (65+)/Disabled ‡|
|31-day pass §||US$55.00||US$35.00||US$26.00|
- † Children under six years of age may ride free, but must be accompanied by an adult.
- ‡ Appropriate identification must be presented to obtain the discounted Senior/Disabled fare.
- § This is only available on the Clipper card.
|Union City Transit Transfer||FREE|
|AC Transit & Dumbarton Express Transfers||US$0.25|
- ₮ Paper transfers are only issued with cash fares at the time of boarding; Electronic transfers are automatically issued when using a Clipper Card. Union City Transit issued transfers are valid for 90 minutes from time of issue. BART-to-Bus transfers are only valid at the BART Station; Electronic BART-to-Bus transfers are loaded onto a Clipper Card upon exiting the BART station via the fare gates. Transfers and passes must be valid.
- Nelson/Nygard Consulting Associates (November 2007). "Short Range Transit Plan: FY 2008-2017" (PDF). Union City, CA: City of Union City: 1–1. Retrieved 2008-03-28. Cite journal requires
- "Union City Time-Line". Union City Historical Museum. Archived from the original on 2009-10-26. Retrieved 2008-03-28.
1974: First City-Wide Bus Service (The Flea) starts
- "Union City route changes". Union City Website. Archived from the original on 2009-10-26. Retrieved 2015-07-15.
2015: (The Flea) starts
- Union City Transit Short Range Plan (2013-2022)
- Union City Transit
- Union City Transit official pages
- Union City Transit info at transit.511.org
- Bus pictures at Transit Rider
|This article related to bus transportation in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transportation in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|