Union County Airport (Ohio)
|Union County Airport|
|Owner||Union County Airport Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||1,021 ft / 311 m|
Union County Airport (ICAO: KMRT, FAA LID: MRT) is a public use airport in Union County, Ohio, United States. It is owned by the Union County Airport Authority and located one nautical mile (2 km) southeast of the central business district of Marysville, Ohio. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned MRT by the FAA, but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned MRT to Moroak, Northern Territory, Australia).
Facilities and aircraft
Union County Airport covers an area of 54 acres (22 ha) at an elevation of 1,021 feet (311 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 9/27 with an asphalt surface measuring 4,218 by 75 feet (1,286 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending June 5, 2012, the airport had 31,886 aircraft operations, an average of 87 per day: 88% general aviation, 10% military, and 2% air taxi. At that time there were 45 aircraft based at this airport: 89% single-engine, 4% multi-engine, 2% jet, 2% helicopter, and 2% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for MRT ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- "Union County Airport (FAA: MRT, ICAO: KMRT, IATA: none)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- "Moroak Airport, NT, Australia (IATA: MRT)". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (MRT: Moroak)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- Airport page at Union County website
- Aerial image as of April 1994 from USGS The National Map
- Prime Aero Inc., the fixed-base operator (FBO)
- FAA Terminal Procedures for MRT, effective November 9, 2017
- Resources for this airport: