|Founded||26 January 1956|
Number of employees
Union Investment (formal name Union Asset Management Holding AG) is the investment arm of the DZ Bank Group and part of the cooperative financial services network. It was founded in 1956 and is headquartered in Frankfurt.
Trading in open-end funds occurs in part through the 1,101 credit unions in Germany (Volksbanken Raiffeisenbanken Co-operative, including Sparda-Banks, PSD-banks, etc.) and in part through the external services of Bausparkasse Schwäbisch Hall AG, DZ Bank Group's building society.
The primary shareholders in Union Investment are DZ Bank with 54.44% and WGZ Bank (the central bank of the credit unions in the Rhineland and Westphalia) with 17.72%. Other shareholders include BBBank and the credit unions through their membership associations.
- Attrax S.A. in Luxembourg for funds brokerage, distribution, share administration and custody services
- Union Investment Institutional GmbH for institutional clients
- Union Investment Institutional Property for institutional property investments
- Union Investment Luxembourg S.A. in Luxembourg
- Union Investment Privatfonds GmbH offers open-end funds to private investors
- Union Investment Real Estate GmbH (formerly DIFA Deutsche Immobilien Fonds AG) is the second largest German property investment association
- Quoniam Asset Management GmbH follows a quantitative approach to investment and manages funds for institutional clients
The Union-Investment-Gesellschaft mbH was the third German investment association to be founded, on 26 January 1956, by 14 credit unions. The UniFonds stock fund was created the same year as its first open-end fund. The first offering of investment vehicles outside Germany was in 1961, in Belgium.
Co op Immobilienfonds Verwaltung AG was founded in Hamburg in 1965 and in 1980 renamed Deutsche Immobilien Fonds AG or DIFA. The initial stockholders were the Central Institute of Consumer Cooperatives and the Bank für Gemeinwirtschaft. In 1966 DIFA launched an open-end property fund, Co op Immobilienfonds, later renamed DIFA-Fonds Nr. 1 (DIFA Fund No. 1). Starting on 15 January 2007, DIFA did business under the name Union Investment Real Estate AG; in 2009 it was converted to a GmbH.
Union Investment Luxembourg S.A. was founded in 1988. The total capitalisation of the group was now 10 billion DM.
In April 1994 Union Investment began offering stock-based wealth management with three strategic variants: chance, growth and security. In 1996 it introduced stock-based life insurance under the name OptiPlan.
The holding company Union-Fonds-Holding AG was founded in 1999 and changed its name in July 2002 to Union Asset Management Holding AG.
- "Der Vorstand der Union Asset Management Holding AG" Archived January 4, 2014, at the Wayback Machine., Wer wir sind, Union Investment, retrieved 27 July 2013 (in German)
- Kennzahlen[permanent dead link], Wer wir sind, Union Investment, retrieved 27 July 2013 (in German)
- "Genossenschaftsbanken" Archived June 26, 2013, at the Wayback Machine., Bundesverband der deutschen Volksbanken und Raiffeisenbanken, retrieved 27 July 2013 (in German)
- Geschäftsbericht 2011, Union Investment (pdf), p. 161. (in German)
- "Tochtergesellschaften und Beteiligungen" Archived March 18, 2013, at the Wayback Machine., Wer wir sind, Union Investment, retrieved 27 July 2013 (in German)
- Chronik Archived May 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine., Union Investment Segment Immobilien, retrieved 27 July 2013 (in German)
- "Union Investment - Corporate history". union-investment.biz. Retrieved 2017-06-19.
- "Union Investment im Club der '5-Sterne-Gesellschaften'", Press release, Fondscheck.de, 12 March 2013, retrieved 27 July 2013 (in German)
- Union Investment website (in German)