Union Local High School (Belmont, Ohio)
|Union Local High School|
|66779 Belmont-Morristown Road
Belmont, Ohio 43759
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||Union Local School District|
|Average class size||24-25 Students|
|Student to teacher ratio||13:1|
|Color(s)||Red and White|
|Slogan||Excellence in Education is a LOCAL thing|
|Fight song||Wildcat Victory|
|Athletics conference||Buckeye 8 Athletic League
Ohio Valley Athletic Conference
|Team name||Jets |
|Rivals||St. Clairsville Red Devils
|School fees||$50.00 per 9 weeks|
Union Local High School is a public high school in Union Township, Ohio, United States, near Belmont. It is the only high school in the Union Local School District. Athletic teams compete as the Union Local Jets in the Ohio High School Athletic Association as a member of the Buckeye 8 Athletic League as well as the Ohio Valley Athletic Conference.
- Union Local is the home of 3-time Ohio State Wrestling Champion Koel Davia. Koel won his titles in the 275 pound division in consecutive years from 2002-04.
- Union Local is the alma mater of Travis Clark.
- Union Local Has 1 National Championship in 1992 with John Gibeaut.
Under the direction of Miss April Linard, the Union Local High School Marching band competes in Ohio Music Education Association adjudicated events across the state of Ohio. In 2016, the Union Local High School Marching band qualified for OMEA State Finals for the first time in school history. In 2017, The Marching Band qualified for OMEA State Finals. A list of the Union Local High School Marching Band's competition programs is provided below.
- 2010: Rock On, Rock On
- 2011: CC
- 2012: The Conquest, featuring music from World of Warcraft
- 2013: High School Love Story
- 2014: Superheroes
- 2015: Cinemagic
- 2016: How To Train Your Dragon
- 2017: A Tree Grows In A Garden
The Union Local Drama Club is co-directed by Mrs. Sheri McElroy and Mrs. Jennifer Smolenak.
- 2009: You're a Good Man Charlie Brown
- 2010: Little Shop of Horrors
- 2011: Wizard of Oz
- 2012: Bye Bye Birdie
- 2013: The Sound of Music
- 2014: Annie
- 2015: The Music Man
- 2016: Beauty and the Beast (film)
- 2017: Grease (musical)
- 2018: The Little Mermaid (musical)
Notes and references
- ULHS. "Union Local High School Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2009-12-22.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2009-12-22.