Union Square/Market Street station
Construction of the Union Square entrance in April 2018
Stockton and O'Farrell Streets|
San Francisco, California
|Platforms||1 island platform|
December 26, 2018 —|
December 10, 2019
Union Square/Market Street station is an under construction underground light rail station of the San Francisco Municipal Railway's Muni Metro system. It is located on the corners of Stockton, and O'Farrell and Market streets in Financial District, San Francisco about a block away from Union Square. Its construction is part of the Central Subway Project and it will be a future station on the T Third Street line. Construction on the station is scheduled to be completed in 2018, and it is projected to open for public service in 2019.
The Union Square/Market Street Station will connect to the existing Powell Street BART/Muni Station's mezzanine level through an underground concourse, allowing for convenient transfers to BART and Muni lines, the Powell Street cable car lines, and Muni bus routes in the area.
Station excavation was completed by July 2017, and concrete was poured for the station floor.
- Rodriguez, Joe Fitzgerald (July 25, 2017). "Central Subway completion date delayed again". San Francisco Examiner. Retrieved 2017-07-26.
- "Central Subway Alignment". San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA). Retrieved 2015-09-26.
- "Union Square/Market Street" (pdf) (Fact Sheet). San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA). October 2012. Retrieved 2015-09-26.
- Walker, Wilson (February 26, 2017). "San Francisco's Big Dig Ahead Of Schedule". CBS. Retrieved 2017-02-28.
- Cabanatuan, Michael (July 14, 2017). "Chinatown frustration rises with delay in SF subway construction". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2017-09-06.
|This San Francisco train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This San Francisco Municipal Railway-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|