Union Township, DeKalb County, Indiana
Location of Union Township in DeKalb County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||17.75 sq mi (46.0 km2)|
|• Land||17.74 sq mi (45.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2)|
|Elevation||879 ft (268 m)|
|• Density||745.1/sq mi (287.7/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453912|
Union Township was organized in 1837.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 17.75 square miles (46.0 km2), of which 17.74 square miles (45.9 km2) (or 99.94%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.06%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Auburn (northeast three-quarters)
- Grant Township (north)
- Concord Township (east)
- Wilmington Township (east)
- Jackson Township (south)
- Keyser Township (west)
- Richland Township (west)
The township contains seven cemeteries: Cosper, Catholic, Evergreen, Mott, Old Auburn, Roselawn and Woodlawn.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files[permanent dead link]
- U.S. Board on Geographic Names
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of DeKalb County, Indiana: Together with Sketches of Its Cities, Villages and Towns. Inter-State Publishing Company. 1885. p. 813.