Union Township, Delaware County, Indiana
Mount Zion Methodist Church, a historic site in the township
Location of Union Township in Delaware County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||29.65 sq mi (76.8 km2)|
|• Land||29.34 sq mi (76.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2)|
|Elevation||899 ft (274 m)|
|• Density||96.7/sq mi (37.3/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453913|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 29.65 square miles (76.8 km2), of which 29.34 square miles (76.0 km2) (or 98.95%) is land and 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2) (or 1.01%) is water.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Licking Township, Blackford County (north)
- Jackson Township, Blackford County (northeast)
- Niles Township (east)
- Delaware Township (southeast)
- Hamilton Township (south)
- Harrison Township (southwest)
- Washington Township (west)
The township contains three cemeteries: Leaird, Mount Zion Church and Union.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - State -- County Subdivision -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.