Union Township, Fayette County, Iowa
Location in Fayette County
|• Total||33.67 sq mi (87.2 km2)|
|• Land||33.67 sq mi (87.2 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||1,125 ft (343 m)|
|• Density||12/sq mi (4.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||52135, 52141, 52142, 52175|
|GNIS feature ID||0468820|
It was previously called West Union township.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Union Township covers an area of 33.67 square miles (87.2 square kilometers).
The city of West Union is entirely within this township geographically but is a separate entity.
- Dover Township (north)
- Clermont Township (northeast)
- Pleasant Valley Township (east)
- Illyria Township (southeast)
- Westfield Township (south)
- Center Township (southwest)
- Windsor Township (west)
- Auburn Township (northwest)
The township contains these five cemeteries: Barnhouse, Butler, Mount Calvary, Mount Pleasant and Pleasant Grove.
Airports and landing strips
- George L Scott Municipal Airport
- Scott Field Municipal Airport
- North Fayette Valley Community School District
- Iowa's 1st congressional district
- State House District 18
- State Senate District 9
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- United States National Atlas
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Union township, Fayette County, Iowa". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved March 5, 2012.