Union Township, Howard County, Indiana
Location in Howard County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||25.83 sq mi (66.9 km2)|
|• Land||25.8 sq mi (67 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2) 0.12%|
|Elevation||850 ft (259 m)|
|• Estimate (2012)||1,032|
|• Density||39.9/sq mi (15.4/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453918|
Union Township was organized in 1853.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 25.83 square miles (66.9 km2), of which 25.8 square miles (67 km2) (or 99.88%) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) (or 0.12%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Jackson Township (north)
- Sims Township, Grant County (northeast)
- Green Township, Grant County (east)
- Wildcat Township, Tipton County (south)
- Taylor Township (west)
- Liberty Township (northwest)
The township contains three cemeteries: Jerome, New Hope and Union Civil.
Airports and landing strips
- Hall Airport
- Howard County Airport
- U.S. Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files[permanent dead link]
- "Population Estimates". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on June 17, 2013. Retrieved 2013-06-25.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "Howard County's Townships and Their Early Settlements and Towns". Kokomo-Howard County Public Library. Retrieved 2 June 2014.[permanent dead link]
- "US Census Data". US Government Census Agency. Retrieved 26 February 2014.