Union Township, Jasper County, Indiana
Location in Jasper County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||56.59 sq mi (146.6 km2)|
|• Land||56.41 sq mi (146.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.18 sq mi (0.5 km2) 0.32%|
|Elevation||689 ft (210 m)|
|• Density||28.1/sq mi (10.8/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453920|
Union Township was founded in 1868.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 56.59 square miles (146.6 km2), of which 56.41 square miles (146.1 km2) (or 99.68%) is land and 0.18 square miles (0.47 km2) (or 0.32%) is water.
- Keener Township (north)
- Barkley Township (east)
- Walker Township (east)
- Marion Township (southeast)
- Newton Township (south)
- Colfax Township, Newton County (west)
- Lincoln Township, Newton County (northwest)
The township contains one cemetery, Yeoman.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Archived from the original on 2020-02-12. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- A standard history of Jasper and Newton counties, Indiana. Lewis Publishing Company. 1916. p. 51.
Union Township residents are eligible to obtain a free library card from the Jasper County Public Library.
- "How do I get a library card?". Jasper County Public Library. Retrieved 8 March 2018.