Union Township, Madison County, Indiana
Location in Madison County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||19.88 sq mi (51.5 km2)|
|• Land||19.81 sq mi (51.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.07 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.35%|
|Elevation||909 ft (277 m)|
|• Density||449.2/sq mi (173.4/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46012, 46017, 47356|
|GNIS feature ID||0453923|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 19.88 square miles (51.5 km2), of which 19.81 square miles (51.3 km2) (or 99.65%) is land and 0.07 square miles (0.18 km2) (or 0.35%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these three cemeteries: Bronnenberg, Clem and Keesling.
Airports and landing strips
- Anderson Municipal Airport
- Anderson Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 6th congressional district
- State House District 35
- State House District 37
- State Senate District 25
- "Union Township, Madison County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-08.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles[permanent dead link]
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Forkner, John La Rue & Dyson, Byron H. (1897). Historical Sketches and Reminiscences of Madison County, Indiana. Wilson, Humprheys & Co. p. 969.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Union Township
- Union Township History
- Chesterfield-Union Township Fire Department
|Anderson Township||Salem Township, Delaware County|
|Adams Township||Fall Creek Township, Henry County|