Union Township, Morgan County, Ohio
|Union Township, Morgan County, Ohio|
Distant view of the Adams Covered Bridge
Location of Union Township in Morgan County
|• Total||36.7 sq mi (95.0 km2)|
|• Land||36.5 sq mi (94.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.6 km2)|
|Elevation||902 ft (275 m)|
|• Density||16.6/sq mi (6.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086694|
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Deerfield Township - north
- Malta Township - northeast
- Penn Township - east
- Marion Township - southeast
- Homer Township - south
- Monroe Township, Perry County - west
- Bearfield Township, Perry County - northwest
No municipalities are located in Union Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
As of 2009, the trustees are Steve Campbell, Christopher Nichols, and Timothy Thompson, and the clerk is Marilyn Homer.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Morgan County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Union Township Officials, Morgan County. Accessed 2009-09-04.