Union Township, Tuscarawas County, Ohio
|Union Township, Tuscarawas County, Ohio|
Former Roxford District School, now a winery
Location of Union Township in Tuscarawas County
|• Total||22.2 sq mi (57.4 km2)|
|• Land||22.2 sq mi (57.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||988 ft (301 m)|
|• Density||72.1/sq mi (27.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087067|
Union Township is one of the twenty-two townships of Tuscarawas County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 1,599 people in the township, 1,277 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Warren Township - north
- Orange Township, Carroll County - northeast
- Monroe Township, Harrison County - southeast
- Mill Township - south
- Goshen Township - west
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. The current trustees are Ronald Carman, Matt Liggett, and Joe Martinelli, and the fiscal officer is Lona Recchiuti.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Tuscarawas County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Tuscarawas County, Ohio — Engineer: Joseph S. Bachman. Tuscarawas County. Accessed 2007-06-01.