Union Township, Wells County, Indiana
Location in Wells County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.25 sq mi (91.3 km2)|
|• Land||35.01 sq mi (90.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.24 sq mi (0.6 km2) 0.68%|
|Elevation||797 ft (243 m)|
|• Density||61.1/sq mi (23.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||46750, 46770, 46777, 46783, 46791, 46798, 46799|
|GNIS feature ID||453938|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.25 square miles (91.3 km2), of which 35.01 square miles (90.7 km2) (or 99.32%) is land and 0.24 square miles (0.62 km2) (or 0.68%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Lafayette Township, Allen County (north)
- Pleasant Township, Allen County (northeast)
- Jefferson Township (east)
- Lancaster Township (southeast)
- Rockcreek Township (south)
- Rock Creek Township, Huntington County (southwest)
- Jackson Township, Huntington County (northwest)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Hoverstock, Saint Johns, Uniontown and Old Uniontown.
- Northern Wells Community Schools
- Indiana's 6th congressional district
- State House District 82
- State Senate District 19
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.