Union of Social Democrats
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founded||October 20, 2007|
|Split from||Social Democratic Party of Russia|
|International affiliation||Socialist International|
Union of Social Democrats (Russian: Союз социал-демократов, Soyuz sotsial-demokratov) is an all-Russian non-governmental organization founded on October 20, 2007 by former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev.
The party has its roots in the former Social Democratic Party of Russia, which lost its official status in April 2007 due to low party membership.
The Union of Social Democrats skipped the 2007 general election, in order to concentrate on its ultimate goal: to become a mass political party by 2011.
In September 2008, Gorbachev announced the formation of the Independent Democratic Party of Russia.
- Independent Democratic Party of Russia
- List of political parties in Russia
- Politics of Russia
- Social Democratic Party of Russia
- Russian Social-Democratic Union of Youth
- "Gorbachev sets up Russia movement". BBC News. October 20, 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-20.
- "Official web-site of Union of social-democrats" (in Russian).
- "LJ-community of Union of social-democrats" (in Russian).
|This article about a Russian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|