This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Andreas Brandstetter (CEO)|
|Revenue||€5.37 billion (2019)|
Number of employees
The Uniqa Insurance Group AG (corporately styled "UNIQA") is one of the largest insurance groups in its core markets of Austria and Central and Eastern Europe and has approximately 40 companies in 22 countries and serve about 10.5 million customers. The corporate headquarters is located in the Uniqa Tower in Vienna, Austria and is listed on the Vienna Stock Exchange.
Uniqa is established in 1999. In 2000, Uniqa continues its policy of expansion abroad and acquires companies in Italy, Poland, Austria, Hungary, Liechtenstein, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Romania, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Serbia, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Albania, Montenegro, Russia, Spain, Lithuania, Germany and Croatia.
On 1 July 2011, a new management board team headed by Andreas Brandstetter takes over at the Uniqa Insurance Group. The new team develops a new growth strategy and begins to implement it. In April 2012, the Uniqa Group sells its majority interest in the German Mannheimer AG Holding. In May 2013, Uniqa Austria becomes the biggest insurer in Austria with 14% market share. In October 2013, Uniqa signs an agreement with Baloise Group to acquire insurance companies in Croatia and Serbia.
In March 2014, Uniqa Insurance Group AG is included in the benchmark index of the Vienna Stock Exchange (ATX). In July 2015, Uniqa resolves sale of indirect interest in Casinos Austria AG. In January 2016, Uniqa launches the largest investment and innovation programme in its history amounting to around €500 million. In October 2016, the company completes the reorganisation of the Group's structure.
In December 2017, Kurt Svoboda becomes CEO of the Uniqa Österreich Versicherungen AG. In 2018, Uniqa became the first Austrian insurance group to announce the gradual elimination of carbon-based transactions.
In March 2019, Uniqa was the first insurer to be awarded with the OGUT Sustainability Certificate, based on the decision to remove all investments related to coal industry. In November 2019, the company decided to reduce the number of management board members of the three major companies in Austria from 11 to 9.
In February 2020 Uniqa acquired Axa's subsidiaries in Poland, the Czech Republic and Slovakia for 1 billion euros. The acquisition was approved by the EU-Commission in July 2020 and was completed in October 2020 as the largest acquisition in company history.
Uniqa Insurance Group has approximately 40 companies in 16 countries and serve about 10.5 million customers. The group is divided into Uniqa Austria, Uniqa International, Uniqa Reinsurance and further national companies. The corporate sponsorships include measures relating to the environment, society, culture and sports.
Key figures in Euro thousand
|Net investment income||295,7||294,6||254,6|
|Average number of employees (FTE)||13.038||12.818||12.839|
Uniqa Insurance Group was established in 1999. It is the parent company of the Uniqa Group and acts as the central reinsurer. The group is listed on the Vienna Stock Exchange. The members of the management board are Andreas Brandstetter (CEO), Erik Leyers (COO) and Kurt Svoboda (CFRO)
The company is the sponsor of sports teams, events and organisations, including the Austria national football team, Austrian Federal Sports Organization, Austrian Cup (football), Uniqa Classic (cycling), First Vienna FC (football) as well as athletes like Matthias Mayer (ski racer) and Bernadette Schild (ski racer). In 2017, the company was main sponsor of the Special Olympics World Winter Games. Uniqa Insurance Group supports Austrian museums, such as the Albertina, Kunsthistorisches Museum and Vienna Technical Museum as well as events like Grafenegg Festival and the children's and youth program of the Salzburg Festival.
Uniqa Tower is the headquarters building of the group and was realized by architect Heinz Neumann in 2005. The 75 metre high building costs 70 million euro and is located in Vienna's district Leopoldstadt.
- Company profile, retrieved: 19. July 2019 in Uniqagroup.com.
- UNIQA Group History, retrieved: 19. July 2019 in Uniqagroup.com.
- Why UNIQA Insurance Group AG’s (VIE:UQA) CEO Pay Matters To You, retrieved: 19. July 2019 in Simplywall.st.
- Clifford Chance advises UNIQA on the sale of Mannheimer AG Holding to "Die Continentale", retrieved: 19. July 2019 in Cliffordchance.com.
- UNIQA Insurance Group AG / UNIQA acquires Baloise Group insurance companies in Croatia and Serbia, retrieved: 19. July 2019 in Ots.at.
- UNIQA INSURANCE GROUP AG (AT0000821103) - Company Profile, retrieved: 19. July 2019 in Wienerborse.at.
- UNIQA Insurance Group AG / UNIQA resolves sale of indirect interest in Casinos Austria to CAME Holding, retrieved: 19. July 2019 in Ots.at.
- UNIQA Insurance Group AG / UNIQA launches largest investment programme in the company's history, retrieved: 19. July 2019 in Ots.at.
- Austria: Schoenherr advises UNIQA in major corporate restructuring, retrieved: 19. July 2019 in Schoenherr.eu.
- UNIQA Insurance Group AG / Reorganisation of the Management Board of UNIQA Österreich Versicherungen AG, retrieved: 19. July 2019 in Ots.at.
- Decarbonisation, retrieved: 19. July 2019 in Uniqagroup.com.
- Decarbonisation from 21. March 2019 in Xprimm.com
- History, retrieved on 6. July 2020 in Uniqagroup.com.
- UNIQA Insurance: EU Commission approves UNIQA's acquisition of AXA in Poland, the Czech Republic and Slovakia published on 31. July 2020 in Marketscreener.com
- UNIQA Insurance Concludes the Acquisition of AXA in the CEE Region published on 15. October 2020 in Marketscreener.com
- Uniqa Austria, retrieved: 23. July 2019 in Uniqa.at.
- Uniqa International, retrieved: 23. July 2019 in Uniqagroup.com.
- Uniqa Reinsurance, retrieved: 23. July 2019 in Uniqagroup.com.
- Uniqa in Europe, retrieved: 23. July 2019 in Uniqagroup.com.
- Sponsorship, retrieved: 30. July 2019 in Uniqagroup.com.
- Key figures 2019, retrieved on 6. July 2020 in Uniqagroup.com.
- Key figures 2018, retrieved on 6. July 2020 in Uniqagroup.com.
- Uniqa Insurance Group Quote, retrieved: 23. July 2019 in Wienerborse.at.
- Why UNIQA Insurance Group AG’s (VIE:UQA) CEO Pay Matters To You, retrieved: 23. July 2019 in Simplywall.st.
- Current positions of Erik Leyers, PhD, retrieved: 23. July 2019 in Marketscreener.com.
- UNIQA Insurance Group AG / Reorganisation of the Management Board of UNIQA Österreich Versicherungen AG, retrieved: 23. July 2019 in Ots.at.
- UNIQA und ÖFB intensivieren Partnerschaft, retrieved: 26. Aug 2019 in Oefb.at.
- ÖFB Cup: Ankick mit UNIQA, retrieved: 26. Aug 2019 in Ots.at.
- UNIQA neuer Hauptsponsor beim First Vienna Football Club, vom 31. Mai 2017, retrieved: 26. Aug. 2019 in Ots.at.
- Nachwuchs in UNIQA Ski-Familie, retrieved: 26. Aug 2019 in Ots.at.
- Special Olympics World Winter Games sponsors, retrieved: 26. Aug. 2019 in Austria2017.org.
- UNIQA examples/sponsorship, retrieved: 26. Aug. 2019 in Uniqagroup.com.
- UNIQA Tower Austria, retrieved: 25. July 2019 in Wittmann.at.