This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Unique Photo Superstore in Fairfield, New Jersey.
|Founded||1947(71 years ago)|
|Founder||Bernard and Harriet Sweetwood |
|Headquarters||Fairfield, New Jersey, United States|
Number of locations
Alexander Sweetwood (President)  |
Zak Sweetwood 
Number of employees
Unique Photo is New Jersey's only Camera and Video Superstore, located at 123 US Hwy 46 (West) in Fairfield, NJ. It is a family owned business dating back to 1947 and now carries over 20,000 products.
The company started with Bernard and Harriet Sweetwood who opened a small photographic supply outlet in Brooklyn in 1947. Soon after, they opened over 20 retail outlets in department stores across New Jersey and then the Hoboken Camera Center in the 1950s. In the 1980s, Jonathan and Matthew Sweetwood took over the daily operations. On February 13, 2008, Unique Photo announced that their Florham Park, New Jersey location on Vreeland Road would be moving 8 miles away to the Fairfield, NJ superstore on Route 46 that exists today. The Fairfield, NJ superstore opened for business on February 18, 2008. Alexander Sweetwood became the third generation to join the company having graduated with an MBA from Montclair State University. In October 2015, Alexander Sweetwood was named President of Unique Photo.
Unique Photo runs both an online operation and an in-store operation. Their Fairfield, NJ superstore is a 50,000 square foot facility equipped with a multimedia classroom, a large rental equipment program, camera trade-in program, and a well-known professional photo lab. The facility also has a coffee bar, WiFi lounge, and meeting space. Unique Photo has a highly photographically-trained sales staff and offers free technical support.
Unique University's technical classes include such topics as basic D-SLR photography, D-SLR video, lighting techniques, Adobe Photoshop, Elements and Lightroom, composition, editing and printing, wedding photography, HDR photography, and working with speedlites. Unique University also offers one-on-one personalized instruction. Famous speakers and photographers have included Lindsay Adler, Will Crockett, Rick Sammon, Tyler Stableford, Art Wolfe, Erin Manning, and Michael Yamashita.
In March 2009, it was mentioned that Unique Photo is the largest film supplier in the United States. On March 30, 2009, Unique Photo announced that it had received the very last shipment of Polaroid film ever made.
Unique Photo was awarded the "2013 Dealer of the Year" by Digital Imaging Reporter.
Argued October 31, 1966. Decided January 23, 1967. -- Hoboken Camera Center, Inc. v. Hartford Accident & Indemnity Co., 93 N.J. Super. 484, 484 (N.J. Super. Ct. App. Div. 1967) 
On September 17, 2013, Unique Photo filed a lawsuit on Unique Photo Deals USA, LLC. This was done because Unique Photo Deals USA agreed to cease using the similar name in February 2013, including operating on Amazon and surrendering UniquePhotoDealsUSA.com to Unique Photo, Inc., but still continued using the name elsewhere.
- Unique Photo Embraces Roots
- Unique Photo names third-generation family member to run company
- Unique Photo, Inc.
- Strategy Session: As Times Change, So Does Unique Photo
- "Unique Photo names third-generation family member to run company".
- Industry News : Panasonic & Unique Photo Unveil First Lumix Lounge Lifestyle Concept Store in U.S.
- Education & Inspiration: Unique University
- Electronics Giant Selects Local Retailer for National Launch
- Where Do I find polaroid film?
- Digital Imaging Reporter’s 2013 Dealer of the Year: Unique Photo
- Unique Photo, Inc. v. Unique Photo Deals USA, LLC et al Docket
- RFC Express - Unique Photo, Inc. v. Unique Photo Deals USA, LLC et al Archived February 5, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.
- Unique Photo Inc., Fairfield Photography Retailer, Files Suit Claiming Name is Unique