|Look up Unitarian or unitarian in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Look up Unitarianism or unitarianism in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Unitarian or Unitarianism may refer to:
In Christian and Christian-derived theologies a Unitarian is a follower of, or a member of an organisation that follows, any of several theologies referred to as Unitarianism:
- Unitarianism, (1565–present) a liberal Christian theological movement known for its belief in the unitary nature of God, and for its rejection of the doctrines of the Trinity, original sin, predestination, and of biblical inerrancy
- Unitarian Universalism (often referring to themselves simply as 'Unitarians'), a primarily North American liberal pluralistic religious movement that grew out of Unitarianism, but later became more associated with Humanism, no longer officially opposing Trinitarianism or officially supporting Theism, and which holds no specific creeds. The largest denomination of self professed Unitarians
- The General Assembly of Unitarian and Free Christian Churches, a United Kingdom based organization most often known as "British Unitarians" or simply "Unitarians". Holds beliefs quite similar to Unitarian Universalists
- International Council of Unitarians and Universalists, an umbrella organization that includes the organizations in many countries
- Biblical Unitarianism, a fundamentalist non-Trinitarian movement (flourished c.1876-1929)
- Nontrinitarianism, a generic name for a Christian point of view that rejects the Trinity doctrine
In other religious theologies
- The English translation of the Arabic term موحد Muwaḥḥid (plural موحدون Muwaḥḥidūn), alternately meaning "monotheist", which may refer to:
- Unitary state, a political system where a country is governed as one single unit
- A member of the Unitarian Party of Argentine history
- A period of the Argentine Civil War: The Unitarian-Federalist War: 1828-31.
In classical studies:
- A scholar who holds that the works of Homer were composed by a single individual (see Homeric scholarship)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Unitarian.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.