United Arab Emirates at the 2012 Summer Olympics
|United Arab Emirates at the
2012 Summer Olympics
|NOC||United Arab Emirates National Olympic Committee|
|Competitors||26 in 6 sports|
|Flag bearer||Saeed Al Maktoum|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
The United Arab Emirates National Olympic Committee sent the nation's largest delegation to the Games. A total of 26 athletes, 24 men and 2 women, competed in 6 sports. Men's football was the only team-based sport in which the United Arab Emirates was represented at these Olympic games. Among the sports played by the athletes, the United Arab Emirates also made its Olympic debut in weightlifting as well as men's football. Skeet shooter Saeed Al Maktoum, who competed at his fourth consecutive Olympics, reprised his role as the nation's flag bearer for the third time at the opening ceremony.
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
|Mohammad Abbas Darwish||Triple jump||16.06||24||Did not advance|
|Betlhem Desalegn||1500 m||4:14.07||14||Did not advance|
United Arab Emirates is qualified for the men's event
- Men's team event – 1 team of 18 players
The following is the United Arab Emirates squad in the men's football tournament of the 2012 Summer Olympics.
Coach: Mahdi Ali
|#||Pos.||Player||Date of birth (age)||Caps||Goals||2012 club|
|1||GK||Khasif, AliAli Khasif*||9 June 1987 (aged 25)||Al Jazira|
|2||DF||Surour, SaadSaad Surour||19 July 1990 (aged 22)||Al Ahli|
|3||DF||Hussain, AbdulazizAbdulaziz Hussain||10 September 1990 (aged 21)||Al Shabab|
|4||DF||Ahmed, MohamedMohamed Ahmed||16 April 1989 (aged 23)||Al Shabab|
|5||MF||Abdulrahman, AmerAmer Abdulrahman||3 July 1989 (aged 23)||Baniyas|
|6||DF||Alamri, AliAli Alamri||7 January 1989 (aged 23)||Al Nasr|
|7||MF||Al Hammadi, IsmailIsmail Al Hammadi*||1 July 1988 (aged 24)||Al Ahli|
|8||DF||Al Kamali, HamdanHamdan Al Kamali||2 May 1989 (aged 23)||Al Wahda|
|9||FW||Ali, AhmedAhmed Ali||28 January 1990 (aged 22)||Baniyas|
|10||FW||Matar, IsmailIsmail Matar* (c)||7 April 1983 (aged 29)||Al Wahda|
|11||FW||Khalil, AhmedAhmed Khalil||8 June 1991 (aged 21)||Al Ahli|
|12||MF||Fardan, HabibHabib Fardan||11 November 1990 (aged 21)||Al Nasr|
|13||MF||Esmaeel, KhamisKhamis Esmaeel||16 August 1989 (aged 22)||Emirates|
|14||DF||Sanqour, AbdelazizAbdelaziz Sanqour||7 May 1989 (aged 23)||Al Sharjah|
|15||MF||Abdulrahman, OmarOmar Abdulrahman||20 September 1991 (aged 20)||Al Ain|
|16||MF||Eisa, RashedRashed Eisa||24 August 1990 (aged 21)||Al Wasl|
|17||MF||Fawzi, MohamedMohamed Fawzi||22 February 1990 (aged 22)||Baniyas|
|18||GK||Eisa, KhalidKhalid Eisa||15 May 1989 (aged 23)||Al Jazira|
|19||FW||Mabkhout, AliAli Mabkhout||10 May 1990 (aged 22)||Al Jazira|
* Over-aged player.
- Group play
|United Arab Emirates||3||0||1||2||3||6||−3||1|
26 July 2012
|United Arab Emirates||1–2||Uruguay|
|Matar 23'||Report||Ramírez 42'
29 July 2012
|Great Britain||3–1||United Arab Emirates|
1 August 2012
|Senegal||1–1||United Arab Emirates|
|Konaté 49'||Report||Matar 21'|
United Arab Emirates has qualified 1 judoka
|Athlete||Event||Round of 64||Round of 32||Round of 16||Quarterfinals||Semifinals||Repechage||Final / BM|
|Humaid Al-Derei||Men's −66 kg||Bye|| Awad (EGY)
|Did not advance|
United Arab Emirates has qualified for three quota places in shooting;
|Dhaher Al-Aryani||Trap||107||32||Did not advance|
|Juma Al-Maktoum||Double trap||133||13||Did not advance|
|Saeed Al-Maktoum||Skeet||118||13||Did not advance|
|Mubarak Al Besher||100 m breaststroke||1:05.26||42||Did not advance|
United Arab Emirates qualified 1 quota.
|Athlete||Event||Snatch||Clean & Jerk||Total||Rank|
|Khadija Mohammad||Women's −75 kg||51||12||62||12||113||12|
- Staff (15 July 2012). "Shaikh Saeed bin Maktoum to bear UAE's flag at London Olympics". Khaleej Times. Retrieved 15 July 2012.
- "Men's Olympic Football Tournament London 2012 - List of Players" (PDF). FIFA. 2012-07-13. p. 15. Retrieved 2012-07-14.
- Replaced Abdulaziz Hussain in the squad for the final group stage match.
- "United Arab Emirates – Uruguay". FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association. 26 July 2012. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "Great Britain – United Arab Emirates". FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association. 29 July 2012. Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- "Senegal – United Arab Emirates". FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association. 1 August 2012. Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- "Quota places by Nation and Name". ISSF. 22 January 2011. Retrieved 22 January 2012.