|Fate||Television stations acquired by Gray Television|
|Headquarters||5800 7th Ave., Kenosha, Wisconsin 53140 USA|
|Lucy Brown Minn, president|
|Products||Three TV stations|
United Communications Corporation (UCC) was a privately owned operator of three television stations in the U.S. states of Minnesota and New York. The company was formerly the publisher of the Kenosha News of Kenosha, Wisconsin and two other daily newspapers.
Founded in 1961 by the Brown family, upon its purchase of the News, the company added a Massachusetts newspaper in the 1970s, buying two competing newspapers—the Attleboro Sun and North Attleborough Chronicle—and merging them into The Sun Chronicle.
UCC then entered the television business through two sales mandated by Federal Communications Commission (FCC) competition rules. The Watertown Daily Times of Watertown, New York, sold WWNY-TV for $8.2 million in 1981; the national media chain Lee Enterprises sold KEYC-TV in Mankato, Minnesota, in 1977.
In the 21st century, UCC added its last two properties, founding WNYF-LP, a low-power television station in Watertown, New York, in 2001, and a year later buying the Watertown Public Opinion in eastern South Dakota.
Owner and President Howard J. Brown died April 29, 2011.
In March 2013, his daughter Lucy Brown Minn was named president of the company. Her mother, Elizabeth K. Brown, serves as chairwoman of the board.
- Kenosha News of Kenosha, Wisconsin, acquired 1961, sold 2019.
- The Sun Chronicle of Attleboro, Massachusetts, acquired 1970, sold 2018.
- Watertown Public Opinion of Watertown, South Dakota, acquired 2002, sold 2016.
- KEYC-TV, a CBS (DT1) and Fox (DT2) affiliate, of Mankato, Minnesota, acquired 1977, sold in 2019.
- WWNY-TV, a CBS affiliate, of Watertown, New York, acquired 1981, sold in 2019.
- WNYF-CD, a Fox affiliate, of Watertown, New York, founded 2001, sold in 2019.
- "Family Tradition Will Continue in Watertown, SD" Archived October 28, 2006, at the Wayback Machine. Press release, Dirks, Van Essen and Murray. March 31, 2002. Accessed February 26, 2007.
- "50 Years of Service to the North Country" Archived February 20, 2007, at the Wayback Machine, WWNY-TV Website. Accessed February 26, 2007.
- "Howard J. Brown dies." Kenosha News. Retrieved 2011-04-29.
- STAFF, KENOSHA NEWS. "Lee Enterprises to purchase Kenosha News". Kenosha News. Retrieved 2019-02-02.
- Staff, Sun Chronicle. "Sun Chronicle under new ownership". The Sun Chronicle. Retrieved 2019-02-02.
- Perry, J. J. (2016-09-01). "SCI purchases Watertown, S.D., Public Opinion". Schurz Communications Inc. Retrieved 2019-02-02.
- "Gray Enters New York State and Minnesota with Purchase of United's Strong Television Stations" (PDF). Gray Television. February 8, 2019. Retrieved February 8, 2019.