|Traded as||LSE: UDG|
|Peter Gray, Chairman
Brendan McAtamney, CEO
|Revenue||€919.3 million (2015)|
|€82.2 million (2015)|
|€54.9 million (2015)|
UDG Healthcare plc, formerly United Drug, is a Dublin-based provider of sales and marketing services, drug wholesaling, medical equipment, packaging and specialist healthcare delivery services. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange. It is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
The company was established in Ballina in County Mayo as The United Drug Chemical Company, a co-operative controlled by Irish pharmacists, in 1948. UDG bought Leicestershire-based Ashfield commercial and medical services for £12 million in 2000: Ashfield, a contract sales outsourcing firm serving pharmaceutical companies, had 400 employees at the time it was acquired.
In January 2007, the company acquired Presearch, a UK laboratory services company, for GBP £2.9 million.
It acquired Pharmexx, a Frankfurt-based business, in July 2012. In September 2012 it decided to move its primary listing from Irish Stock Exchange to the London Stock Exchange. It changed its name from United Drug to UDG Healthcare in October 2013.
In February 2014, the company made its largest acquisition when it bought KnowledgePoint360 which specializes in healthcare communications for €105 million and made it part of its Ashfield division.
The company provides sales and marketing services, drug wholesaling, medical equipment, packaging and specialist healthcare delivery services.
- Michael Cogley (3 February 2016). "UDG boss Fitzgerald steps down from €2.5m-a-year role". Independent.ie. Retrieved 2016-07-31.
- "Annual Report 2015". UDG Healthcare. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- "B2B Database with Highly Accurate & Detailed Profiles - ZoomInfo". zoominfo.com. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- Irish buyer for Ashfield, This is Money (Daily Mail), May 7, 2000.
- "United Drug buy UK lab distributor for £2.9m". RTÉ News. January 26, 2007.
- United Drug snaps up Pharmexx Irish Times, 26 July 2012
- United Drug set to shift to LSE FT, 5 September 2012
- United Drug: Yes to name change Irish Examiner, 10 August 2013
- UPDATE 2-UDG raises earnings growth forecast, sees deal paying off, Reuters.com (14 May 2014)
- UDG Healthcare invests €105m to expand communications unit The Irish Times, 27 February 2014
- Roshni Menon (18 September 2015). "UDG Healthcare to sell two units to McKesson for $466 million". Reuters.com. Retrieved 2016-07-31.
|This article about a medical, pharmaceutical or biotechnological corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|