United Front Games
Logo of United Front Games
|Industry||Computer and video games
|Headquarters||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Stephen van der Mescht|
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
Halo: Master Chief Collection
United Front Games is a Canadian development studio based in Vancouver. They currently create titles for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. They are the developers of ModNation Racers and the critical and commercial success Sleeping Dogs in addition to collaborating with several other studios on projects like Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Crystal Dynamics) and Halo: The Master Chief Collection (343 Industries).
United Front Games was founded in 2007. Its first official title ModNation Racers, a "User-Generated Content" kart racing game, began production in 2008 and was released on May 21, 2010 in some countries and on May 25, 2010 in the US.
On August 14, 2012, they released Sleeping Dogs (previously known as True Crime: Hong Kong). While it is widely believed that Sleeping Dogs was originally a True Crime title, it in fact was built from the ground up as an original IP. United Front Games also made LittleBigPlanet Karting with help from the series creators Media Molecule.
Recently completed was a next-gen release of Sleeping Dogs for the PS4 and Xbox One called Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition, which was released on October 14, 2014. On September 23, 2014, United Front Games announced Triad Wars. Originally targeted for an early 2015 release on PC, Triad Wars is an online open-world adventure game set in Sleeping Dogs' Hong Kong universe. However, in December 2015 United Front announced the January 2016 closure of the Triad Wars open beta, and as of the closure have not denied that the project is completely cancelled.
In collaboration with 343 Industries, United Front Games built the unified frontend that ties together the four Halo video games within Halo: The Master Chief Collection, which is available November 11, 2014.
|2014||Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition||No||No||No||No||Yes||No|
|2014||Halo: The Master Chief Collection||No||No||No||No||Yes||No|
- Usher, William (2009-12-14). "True Crime Prepping To Redefine Open-World Action In Fall 2010". Cinema Blend. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- "United Front Games Official Website". Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- "UFG/Microsoft: Halo: The Master Chief Collection". Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- Reilly, Luke. "Sleeping Dogs Never Intended to be a True Crime Game". IGN.
- "Tomb Raider Definitive Edition Announced". Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- McWhertor, Michael (2014-08-06). "Sleeping Dogs coming to PS4, Xbox One this October". Polygon. Retrieved 2014-08-06.
- Martin, Michael (2014-09-23). "UNITED FRONT GAMES OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCES TRIAD WARS FOR PC". IGN. Retrieved 2014-09-23.
- https://twitter.com/TriadWars/status/679753635018883073. Missing or empty