United India Insurance Company
|Industry||General insurance, Financial services|
|Founded||18 February 1938|
Number of locations
|Shri A V Girija Kumar|
|Products||Motor Insurance, Health Insurance, Fire ,Marine, Rural ,Personal Accident Insurance|
|Owner||Government of India|
Number of employees
Footnotes / references
Previously it was a subsidiary of the General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC). But when GIC became a re-insurance company as per the IRDA Act 1999, its four primary insurance subsidiaries New India Assurance, United India Insurance, Oriental Insurance and National Insurance got autonomy.
12 Indian insurance companies, four co-operative insurance societies, five foreign insurers with Indian operations, and the general insurance operations of the southern region of Life Insurance Corporation of India were merged with United India Insurance Company, Limited to form the company.
After Nationalization United India has grown by leaps and bounds and has 18300 work force spread across 1340 offices providing insurance cover to more than 10 million policy holders. The Company has variety of insurance products to provide insurance cover from bullock carts to satellites.
United India has been in the forefront of designing and implementing complex covers to large customers, as in cases of ONGC Ltd, GMR- Hyderabad International Airport Ltd, Mumbai International Airport Ltd, Tirumala-Tirupati Devasthanam etc. We have been also the pioneer in taking Insurance to rural masses with large level implementation of Universal Health Insurance Programme of Government of India & Vijaya Raji Janani Kalyan Yojana (covering 4.5 million women in the state of Madhya Pradesh), Tsunami Jan Bima Yojana (in 4 states covering 459,000 of families), National Livestock Insurance and many such schemes.
The company has also made its presence in more than 200 tier II & III towns and villages through innovative Micro Offices.
The Gross Domestic Premium for the Financial Year 2016-17 is above Rs. 15000 Cr.
United India will be
- The most preferred insurer in India with global footprint & recognition.
- Trusted brand admired by all stakeholders
- The best-in-class customer service provider leveraging technology & multiple channels
- The provider of a broad range of innovative products to meet the needs of all customer segments
- Great place to work with highly motivated and empowered employees
- Recognized for its contribution to the society
|Type of Office||Nos.|
|Large Corporate & Brokers Unit(LCB)||8|
|CLASS I||CLASS II||CLASS III||CLASS IV||TOTAL|
- To provide Insurance protection to all.
- To ensure customer satisfaction
- To function on sound business principles.
- To help minimise national waste and to help develop the Indian economy.
Commitments of United India Insurance
• United India Insurance is committed to act fairly, courteously and reasonably while dealing with customers
• United India Insurance is pledged to ensure clarity in claim processes and policy documents and provide complete information regarding products and services
• United India Insurance is obligated to resolve customers' grievances as soon as possible through designated Customer Care Officers in every operating branches.
• United India Insurance is committed to cater to all general insurance needs that is commercially viable and provide citizens with new covers
• United India Insurance is dedicated to endow rural and weaker parts of the society with customised insurance policies at inexpensive price
• United India Insurance is vowed to construct professional workforce continuously for executing their assigned roles
• United India Insurance is obligated to have consultation with shareholders on regular basis and establish mechanism for monitoring for seamless delivery of services to all customers
- United India Insurance received two finnoviti awards in recognition of its two innovations in financial services sector in the finnoviti 2012 awards ceremony by banking frontiers, glocalinfomart pvt. ltd.
- United India Insurance bags the Indian Insurance Awards 2014 for the 3rd time in a row.
- • “Bancassurance Market Leader - General Insurance and Underserved Market Penetration - General Insurance”,
- • ASSOCHAM “Corporate Governance Excellence” Awards.
- • Our Corporate Calendar with the theme “MAKE IN INDIA”, was awarded the first position in the PRSI-Make In India Award - Best Innovation to Promote Make in India - against All India Competition from various parts of the Country
- . • SKOCH Financial Inclusion & Deepening Awards, 2015 - “Order of Merit” - “Consumer Education through website”
- • Asia Pacific HRM Congrees - 2015 Awards (a) “CEO with HR orientation” (b) “Most influential HR professionals in Asia for GM - HR”
- • Official Language implementation Committee, Chennai, - First position among Public Sector undertaking for progressive use of Official language
- • “Lions CSR Award“ - The International Association of Lions Club
- India, Bank Exams. "United India Insurance to Start AO Recruitment Soon". Retrieved 31 May 2016.
- Bengal, Government of West. "United India Insurance Company, Ltd.". uiic.co.in. Retrieved 31 May 2016.
- "Government Insurance Companies in India – Nationalization and After (United India, National Insurance, LIC, GIC, Oriental Insurance, New India Assurance) | Green World Investor". www.greenworldinvestor.com. Retrieved 31 May 2016.