United International University
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Seal of United International University
|Motto||Quest for Excellence|
|Chancellor||President Abdul Hamid|
|Vice-Chancellor||M. Rezwan Khan|
United International University (Bengali: ইউনাইটেড আন্তর্জাতিক বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়) or UIU is a private university located in Dhaka, Bangladesh, The government of Bangladesh approved the establishment of United International University in 2003 under the Private University Act (PUA) 1992 (now replaced by PUA 2010). Financial support came from the United Group, a Bangladeshi business conglomerate.
- 1 Campus
- 2 Admission
- 3 SCHOOL OF Science & Engineering
- 4 SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS
- 5 Postgraduate programmes
- 6 Electrical & Electronics Laboratory
- 7 Computer Labarotory
- 8 Library and Documentation Centre
- 9 Student activity clubs
- 10 Accreditation
- 11 Collaboration with Foreign Universities
- 12 Scholarship
- 13 References
- 14 External links
The University has two campuses in Dhaka, both located in Dhanmondi, Dhaka.House - 80, Road - 8/A,Satmasjid Road,Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1209,Bangladesh.The UIU main Campus is built with the purpose of imparting education in a befitting infrastructure and congenial environment. Containing about 80,000 sq. ft. floor space, the campus has 8 floors with two basements. With this capacity, UIU accommodates state-of-the-art IT and Computer Labs, Language Lab, different Engineering Labs and other essential facilities.
A plot of 25-bigha land, located at the “United City” at Satarkul ( 1.5 km east of US Embassy), has been purchased from Neptune Land Development Ltd. where the permanent campus of UIU is being built up in a comprehensive manner.
- The minimum qualification for admission into an undergraduate program is:
A minimum GPA of 2.5/2nd division/equivalent grade in SSC and HSC or equivalent public examinations. Students with GPA 2.00 in any examination either SSC or HSC, however, must have a minimum GPA of 6.00 totalling the GPA of both the examinations. b) For BBA in AIS program (SSC+HSC) total GPA requirement is 7.00. O-level students must have completed minimum 5 subjects and A-level students minimum 2 subjects. However, a student must have ‘B’ Grade/GPA 4.0 in 4 subjects and ‘C’ Grade/GPA 3.5 in the rest 3 subjects of a minimum 7 subjects of the two examinations. A GED candidate would be eligible to get admission to any undergraduate program if he/she scores a minimum number of 410 out of 800 in all (5) GED courses separately and 450 on an average. For admission to BSEEE/ETE/CSE programs, students must have had Physics and Mathematics in HSC/A-Level or equivalent level. The students, who are sons/daughters of freedom fighters, will be eligible for getting admission if they have a minimum GPA of 5.00 totalling the GPA of SSC and HSC Examinations. Such students, however, have to submit the copy of authenticated Certificate as the proof of his/her father/mother’s identity as a freedom fighter. Acceptable score in UIU Admission Test. Admission Test is not required for GPA 5.00 holders in H.S.C/equivalent level of exams for getting admission to an undergraduate program.
- The minimum qualification for admission into a graduate program is:
A relevant undergraduate degree from a recognized university with a GPA of 2.00 or above in a scale of 4.0 A relevant Bachelor Degree with at least second divisions/classes in all previous exams. Students completing undergraduate programs from UIU having a minimum CGPA of 2.00 will be eligible to get admission to any graduate programs without appearing at the Admission Test. Different departments may have some additional requirements. Some students may be required to complete some additional preparatory courses at UIU before they start their Master’s programs.
SCHOOL OF Science & Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE)
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- Department of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering (ETE)
- Department of Computer & Telecommunication Engineering (CTE)
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- BBA in Accounting & Information Systems (BBA in AIS)
- Bachelor of Science in Economics
- Master of Science in Computer Science and Engineering
- Master of Science in Communication Engineering (MSCE)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Executive MBA (EMBA)
- Master of Science in Economics
- Master in Development Studies (MDS)
Electrical & Electronics Laboratory
- Electronic Workshop
- Digital Electronics
- Industrial Electronics
- Radio and Television Engineering
- Microwave and Telecommunication
- VLSI Lab
- Measurements and Instrumentation
- Control, Microprocessor and Microcontroller Systems
- Electronics Lab
- Electrical Circuit Lab-1
- Electrical Circuit lab-2
- Simulation Lab
- Control lab
- Microwave & Optical Communication Lab
- Telecom Lab
- Machine Lab
- Power System Lab
- Digital & Microprocessor Lab
- Project Lab
- Software Engineering Laboratory
- Network Laboratory
- Multimedia Laboratory
- Hardware Laboratory
- Energy Renewable Center
- Biomedical Engineering Centre
Institution Quality Assurance Cell
Quality assurance (QA) in education is the maintenance the desired level of quality standard and practices in education system by means of providing attention to every stage of the different processes in the institution. Nowadays establishment of quality assurance system in higher education is a global concern. There is a growing demand for QA mechanism at national, regional and global levels due to the increasing number of higher education institutions (HEI) and diversity of emerging study programs in tertiary education. In Bangladesh, the scope of higher education is expanding rapidly in both public and private sectors. The government, UGC and the universities consider a rising need to concentrate on the quality and standard of higher education. UGC is responding positively to the challenges regarding global competence and is committed to change the higher education landscape through establishing Institutional Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) at the University Level. United International University (UIU), an esteemed university of Bangladesh, has strong commitment to quality and established its own IQAC. General objectives of IQAC,UIU is to establish a QA culture at UIU that can ensure the practice of continuously improving culture, demonstrate accountability and enhancement and thus, can satisfy the stakeholders. The quality assurance areas covered by IQAC are governance, curriculum content design and review, student admission, progress and achievements, physical facilities, teaching learning and assessment, student support services, staff and facilities, research and extension, process management and continuous improvement. To assess the prevailing quality of standards in different program offering entities self assessment (SA) is performed under the supervision of IQAC,UIU 
International Conference on the Developments in Renewable Energy Technology (ICDRET)
After Kyoto Protocol and Cancun Conference, world community is getting closer towards a unified collaborative effort to curb Green House Gas (GHG) emission. The scale of the problem has been taken seriously by most of the developed nations. Promotion of Renewable Energy (RE) and adoption of enhanced efficiency at every stage has been envisaged. Although RE is still expensive, rapid fall in the price of the solar PV panels and other RE technologies has rejuvenated the hope for a rapid growth of RE based energy usage throughout the world. Both developed and developing world are taking equally optimistic approach towards popularizing RE technologies and working jointly to make this world livable for our next generation.
With this backdrop, United International University is going to organize the 4th International Conference on the Developments in Renewable Energy Technology, ICDRET at Dhaka, Bangladesh. Like the previous ICDRETs, we expect participation from all tiers of RE sector to make the conference a useful forum for sharing experiences, exchanging the views and helping to forge a long lasting bondage between the academia, industry and the people involved in the dissemination of the technology at the grass root level.
Library and Documentation Centre
UIU Central library has an extensive compilation of books, journals, periodicals and monographs of relevant engineering fields. The library has a collection of 40,293 items of information materials. Among the materials, 86,200 and 12,458 are books and bound periodicals respectively.Besides, 141 titles are in the current subscription list of journals.Every year, 500 volumes are added to The main reading room of the central library can accommodate 100 students at a time to provide reading facilities of rare and out-of-print books, and also ready reference and prescribed textbooks. The library offers free internet and a rental library program. Both undergraduate and post-graduate students are eligible to use the internet in the production of their valid ID cards along with the user name.There are also departmental libraries in each of the departments and institutes and hall libraries in each of the residence halls.
Student activity clubs
- UIU Electrical and Electronics Club 
- UIU Computer Club 
- UIU Robotics Club 
- UIU Debating Club 
- UIU Photographic Club 
- UIU Cultural Club 
- UIU Marketing Forum 
- UIU Science Forum 
- UIU Student Branch  IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organisation dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. IEEE, pronounced "Eye-triple-E," stands for the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. IEEE UIU Student Branch falls under the IEEE Bangladesh section of IEEE Region 10 (Asia Pacific Region). It was established in 2014 here at United International University. The student branch plays a prominent role in promoting and organising seminars, workshops and competitions related to the field of engineering and technology to help young minds engage in engineering activities. Our goal is to serve, inspire, and get inspired to change our community and cultivate our fellow engineers to gain a better understanding of the professional environment and technical progress and enable their careers. The IEEE UIU Student Branch promotes and recruits new members at the beginning of every tri-semester at United International University helping the student branch expand in numbers. The IEEE UIU Student Branch wishes to expand their numbers higher in order to promote engineering and technology across more students across the university campus.
The academic programs of the University are recognized by the following organizations:
- UGC (University Grants Commission, Bangladesh)
- Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) 
Collaboration with Foreign Universities
- University of South Alabama - USA
- University of Texas at Brownsville - USA
- University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College
- State University of New York, Brockport - USA
- University of Bradford - UK
- University of Lumiere Lyon 2 - France
- "Private University Act, 1992". Bangladesh Gazette Extraordinary. 9 August 1992. Retrieved 2007-06-25 – via Südasien-Institut, Universität Heidelberg.
- "UIU Campus - United International University (UIU)". United International University (UIU). Retrieved 2016-11-21.
- "Permanent Campus UIU".
- "eLINK". UIU. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- "Applications for eLINK Project". Kantipur Engineering College. Archived from the original on 28 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to United International University.|