Oil & Gas UK
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Legal status||Non-profit company|
|Purpose||Offshore oil & gas in the UK|
|Over 500 UK offshore oil and gas companies|
|Oil & Gas UK Board|
|Website||Oil & Gas UK|
Oil & Gas UK is a not-for-profit organisation, established in April 2007 on the foundations of the UK Offshore Operators Association (UKOOA). The association is the leading representative body for the UK offshore oil and gas industry that stretches back over 30 years. Its membership is open to all companies active in the area; these include businesses such as super majors to large contractor businesses and from independent oil companies to SMEs working in the supply chain.
Oil & Gas UK is a trade association for the whole sector. It is a source of information for the UK Upstream and a gateway to industry networks and expertise.
They do this by:
- raising the profile of the UK offshore oil and gas industry
- promoting open dialogue within and across all sectors of the industry on topics including technical, fiscal, safety, environmental and skills issues, and brokering solution
- developing and delivering industry-wide initiatives and programmes engaging with governments and other external organisations with a stake in the industry’s future
The association is situated in Portland House on the corner of Bressenden Place and Victoria Street in the City of Westminster. It also has an office on Market Street in Aberdeen near the train station, in the town where the UKOOA was based.
Oil & Gas UK has two subsidiaries:
- Leading Oil and Gas Industry Competitiveness
- Petroleum industry in Aberdeen
- Oil and gas industry in the United Kingdom
- North Sea oil
- List of oil and gas fields of the North Sea