United Nations Office at Vienna
The United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV) is one of the four major UN office sites where several different UN agencies have a joint presence. The office complex is located in Vienna, the capital of Austria, and is part of the Vienna International Centre, a cluster of several major international organizations. The UNOV was established on 1 January 1980, and was the third such office established.
Headquartered at Vienna:
- International Atomic Energy Agency (has a special agreement on its status)
- International Money Laundering Information Network
- International Narcotics Control Board
- Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization
- United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
Presence at Vienna:
- International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- United Nations Information Service
- United Nations Office for Project Services
- Investigations Division of the United Nations Office of Internal Oversight Services
- United Nations Postal Administration
- United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation
- United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs
At the United Nations Office in Vienna there are many artistic works which are placed in the yard or in corridors.
- Persian Scholar Pavilion
In June 2009 Iran donated a scholar pavilion to United Nations Office in Vienna which is placed in the central Memorial Plaza of the Vienna International Center. The Persian Scholars Pavilion at United Nations in Vienna, Austria is featuring the statues of four prominent Persian figures. Highlighting the Persian architectural features, the pavilion is adorned with Persian art forms and includes the statues of renowned Persian scientists Avicenna, Abu Rayhan Biruni, Zakariya Razi (Rhazes) and Omar Khayyam.
- "Welcome to the United Nations Office at Vienna!". United Nations Office at Vienna. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- iris.schaechter. "Visit the United Nations". unvienna.org.
- "Vienna International Centre (VIC)". unvienna.org.
- UNIS. "Monument to Be Inaugurated at the Vienna International Centre, 'Scholars Pavilion' donated to International Organizations in Vienna by Iran". unvienna.org.
- "Permanent mission of the Islamic Republic of Iran to the United Nations office - Vienna". mfa.ir.
- Mir Masood Hosseini. "Negareh: Persian Scholars Pavilion at United Nations Vienna, Austria". parseed.ir.
|This United Nations-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|