United Nations Security Council Resolution 1999
|UN Security Council
|Date||13 July 2011|
|Subject||Admission of new Members to the UN: South Sudan|
|Security Council composition|
United Nations Security Council Resolution 1999 was adopted without a vote on 13 July 2011 after examining the application of the Republic of South Sudan for membership into the United Nations. The Council recommended to the General Assembly that South Sudan be admitted.
- Enlargement of the United Nations
- List of United Nations member states
- List of United Nations Security Council Resolutions 1901 to 2000 (2009–2011)
- "Security Council recommends admission of Republic of South Sudan as United Nations member". United Nations. 13 July 2011.
- "Security Council backs South Sudan in U.N.". United Press International. 13 July 2011.
- "UN council votes for S Sudan as newest member". Al Jazeera. 13 July 2011.
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|