United Nations geoscheme for Europe
The following is an alphabetical list of subregions in the United Nations geoscheme for Europe, created by the United Nations Statistics Division. The scheme subdivides the continent into Eastern Europe, Northern Europe, Southern Europe, and Western Europe. The UNSD notes that "the assignment of countries or areas to specific groupings is for statistical convenience and does not imply any assumption regarding political or other affiliation of countries or territories".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to UN statistic divisions in Europe.|
- United Nations Statistics Division
- United Nations geoscheme
- United Nations geoscheme for Africa
- United Nations geoscheme for Asia
- United Nations geoscheme for Oceania
- United Nations geoscheme for the Americas
- Composition of macro geographical (continental) regions, geographical sub-regions, and selected economic and other groupings, United Nations Statistics Division. Revised August 28, 2007. Accessed on line October 11, 2007.
- Standard country or area codes and geographical regions for statistical use