List of ambassadors of the United States to Croatia
|Ambassador of the United States to Croatia|
Seal of the United States Department of State
|Nominator||The President of the United States|
|Website||U.S. Embassy - Zagreb|
The diplomatic post of United States Ambassador to Croatia was created on April 7, 1992, following Croatia's independence from SFR Yugoslavia and its recognition as an independent state by the United States, although official presence of the US in Croatia began with the establishment of the US Consulate in Zagreb on May 9, 1946.
|Ambassador||Term in Office|
|#||Portrait||Name||Took Office||Left Office||Appointed by|
|1||Peter W. Galbraith||June 28, 1993||January 1998||Bill Clinton|
|2||William Dale Montgomery||January 1998||January 18, 2001|
|3||Lawrence G. Rossin||January 19, 2001||July 1, 2003|
|4||Ralph Frank||July 2, 2003||July 6, 2006||George W. Bush|
|5||Robert Bradtke||July 7, 2006||September 14, 2009|
|6||James B. Foley||September 15, 2009||October 29, 2012||Barack Obama|
|7||Kenneth H. Merten||October 30, 2012||October 4, 2015|
|8||Julieta Valls Noyes||October 5, 2015||November 2017|
|9||Robert Kohorst||January 10, 2018||Incumbent||Donald Trump|
- Embassy of Croatia, Washington, D.C.
- Croatia – United States relations
- Foreign relations of Croatia
- Ambassadors of the United States
- "Douglas Jones, Chargé d'Affaires, a.i." U.S. Embassy in Croatia. Retrieved 2017-12-08.
- United States Department of State: Background notes on Croatia
- This article incorporates public domain material from the United States Department of State website http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/index.htm (Background Notes).