United States Post Office (Little Valley, New York)
US Post Office--Little Valley
|Location||115 Main St., Little Valley, New York|
|Coordinates||42°14′57″N 78°47′55″W / 42.24917°N 78.79861°WCoordinates: 42°14′57″N 78°47′55″W / 42.24917°N 78.79861°W|
|Architect||Simon, Louis A.; US Treasury Department|
|Architectural style||Colonial Revival|
|MPS||US Post Offices in New York State, 1858-1943, TR|
|NRHP reference No.||88002344|
|Added to NRHP||May 11, 1989|
The United States Post Office is a historic post office building located at Little Valley in Cattaraugus County, New York. It was designed and built in 1941-1942 as a Works Progress Administration project, and is one of a number of post offices in New York State designed by the Office of the Supervising Architect of the Treasury Department, Louis A. Simon. It is a one-story symmetrically massed brick structure with a stone watertable in the Colonial Revival style. Its design is the same as that used in 13 other post offices across New York State.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989.
Little Valley has had a post office in some form since October 15, 1822. It serves one ZIP Code, 14755, which covers the village and large portions of the towns of Napoli, Mansfield and west Salamanca (including Bucktooth and Sawmill Runs).
- ^ a b "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. March 13, 2009.
- ^ Larry E. Gobrecht (November 1986). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Little Valley Post Office". New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. Retrieved 2009-06-14. See also: "Accompanying 10 photos".
- ^ United States Postal Service. "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved October 7, 2017.
- ^ "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved October 7, 2017.
- Post office buildings on the National Register of Historic Places in New York (state)
- Colonial Revival architecture in New York (state)
- Government buildings completed in 1942
- Works Progress Administration in New York (state)
- Buildings and structures in Cattaraugus County, New York
- 1942 establishments in New York (state)
- National Register of Historic Places in Cattaraugus County, New York
- Chautauqua-Alleghany, New York Registered Historic Place stubs