United States Senate election in Massachusetts, 1954
Jump to navigation Jump to search
U.S. Senate election results map.
Red denotes those won by Saltonstall.
Blue denotes counties won by Furcolo.
|Elections in Massachusetts|
- Foster Furcolo - Treasurer and Receiver-General of Massachusetts since 1952 and member of the United States House of Representatives from Massachusetts's 2nd congressional district from 1949-1952.
- John I. Fitzgerald, former member of the Boston City Council. Democratic candidate for Senate in 1948.
- Joseph L. Murphy, former member of the Massachusetts Senate.
- Leverett Saltonstall - United States Senator since 1945. Governor of Massachusetts from 1939-1945.
- Harold J. Ireland - was the Prohibition Party candidate for Treasurer and Receiver-General in 1948 and 1952.
|Democratic||Joseph L. Murphy||79,463||22.68%|
|Democratic||John I. Fitzgerald||63,752||18.19%|
|Socialist Labor||Thelma Ingersoll||5,353||0.28%||-0.17%|
|Prohibition||Harold J. Ireland||2,832||0.15%||-0.03%|
- Thelma Ingersoll at ourcampaigns.com
|This Massachusetts elections-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|