2012 United States presidential election in Hawaii
The 2012 United States presidential election in Hawaii took place on November 6, 2012, as part of the 2012 General Election in which all 50 states plus The District of Columbia participated. Hawaii voters chose four electors to represent them in the Electoral College via a popular vote pitting incumbent Democratic President Barack Obama and his running mate, Vice President Joe Biden, against Republican challenger and former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney and his running mate, Congressman Paul Ryan. Prior to the election, 17 news organizations considered this a state Obama would win, or otherwise considered as a safe blue state. The Hawaiian-born President handily won the state's 4 electoral votes by a wide 42.71 percent margin of victory.
Candidate Ballot Access:
- Mitt Romney/Paul Ryan, Republican
- Barack Obama/Joseph Biden, Democratic
- Gary Johnson/James P. Gray, Libertarian
- Jill Stein/Cheri Honkala, Green
|United States presidential election in Hawaii, 2012|
|Party||Candidate||Running mate||Votes||Percentage||Electoral votes|
|Democratic||Barack Obama||Joe Biden||306,658||70.55%||4|
|Republican||Mitt Romney||Paul Ryan||121,015||27.84%||0|
|Libertarian||Gary Johnson||Jim Gray||3,840||0.88%||0|
|Green||Jill Stein||Cheri Honkala||3,184||0.73%||0|
|Voter turnout (registered voters)||61.9%|
Hawaii results by county
|Elections in Hawaii|
Part of a series on the
2012 U.S. presidential election
|Hawaii Republican caucuses, 2012|
- Republican Party presidential debates, 2012
- Republican Party presidential primaries, 2012
- Results of the 2012 Republican Party presidential primaries
- "Hawaii Office of Elections Final Summary" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-11-08.
- Hawaii Republican – The Green Papers
- "Primary and Caucus Printable Calendar". CNN. Retrieved January 11, 2012.
- Green Papers (March 18, 2012). "Hawaii Republican Caucus 2012". Green Papers. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-11-06. Retrieved 2012-03-31.