United States women's national basketball team
|FIBA ranking||1 (28 February 2018)|
|FIBA zone||FIBA Americas|
|National federation||USA Basketball|
Gold: (1984, 1988, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012, 2016)|
|FIBA World Cup|
Gold: (1953, 1957, 1979, 1986, 1990, 1998, 2002, 2010, 2014)|
Bronze: (1994, 2006)
The USA Basketball Women's National Team, commonly known as the United States Women's National Basketball Team, is governed by USA Basketball and competes in FIBA Americas. The team is by far the most dominant in international women's basketball, winning eight out of ten Olympic tournaments it had entered. It also won seven of the last ten World Cups, and nine titles overall. The team is currently ranked first in the FIBA World Rankings.
In 2016, the team won its sixth consecutive Olympic gold medal with an average margin of victory of 37.2 points per game and was named the USA Basketball Team of the Year for a record sixth time (having been previously named in 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, and 2012). It was also named the USOC Team of the Year in 1996.
|Olympic Games record||Olympic Games qualification record||Manager(s)|
|1976||Runners-up||2nd of 6||5||3||2||415||417||−2||5||5||0||400||330||+70||Moore|
|1984||Champions||1st of 6||6||6||0||516||320||+196||–||Summitt|
|1988||Champions||1st of 8||5||5||0||461||392||+69||–||Yow|
|1992||Third place||3rd of 8||5||4||1||479||334||+145||–||Grentz|
|1996||Champions||1st of 12||8||8||0||819||590||+229||–||VanDerveer|
|2000||Champions||1st of 12||8||8||0||648||474||+174||–||Fortner|
|2004||Champions||1st of 12||8||8||0||672||482||+190||–||Chancellor|
|2008||Champions||1st of 12||8||8||0||754||453||+301||5||5||0||490||287||+203||Donovan|
|2012||Champions||1st of 12||8||8||0||725||450||+275||–||Auriemma|
|2016||Champions||1st of 12||8||8||0||817||519||+298||–|
FIBA World Cup
|FIBA World Cup record||FIBA World Cup qualification record||Manager(s)|
|1953||Champions||1st of 10||6||5||1||248||183||+65||–||Head|
|1957||Champions||1st of 12||9||8||1||555||409||+146||–|
|1964||Fourth place||4th of 13||9||5||4||411||422||−11||–||Redin|
|1967||Eleventh place||11th of 11||6||1||5||251||347||−96||–||Cox|
|1971||Eighth place||8th of 13||8||6||2||534||470||+64||–|
|1975||Eighth place||8th of 13||7||4||3||540||425||+115||–||Rush|
|1979||Champions||1st of 12||6||5||1||463||402||+61||–||Summitt|
|1983||Runners-up||2nd of 14||8||6||2||731||593||+138||–||Summitt|
|1986||Champions||1st of 12||7||7||0||637||447||+190||–||Yow|
|1990||Champions||1st of 16||8||8||0||729||507||+222||7||3||4||590||511||+79||Vivian Stringer, Grentz|
|1994||Third place||3rd of 16||8||7||1||793||618||+175||7||6||1||657||502||+155||VanDerveer|
|1998||Champions||1st of 16||9||9||0||757||586||+171||6*||4*||2||447*||397*||+50*||Fortner|
|2002||Champions||1st of 16||9||9||0||797||493||+304||–||Chancellor|
|2006||Third place||3rd of 16||9||8||1||774||529||+245||–||Donovan|
|2010||Champions||1st of 16||9||9||0||866||550||+316||–||Auriemma|
|2014||Champions||1st of 16||6||6 gh||0||553||380||+173||–|
The following was the United States roster for the women's basketball tournament of the 2016 Summer Olympics.
United States women's national basketball team – 2016 Summer Olympics roster
- United States women's national under-19 basketball team
- United States women's national under-17 basketball team
- USA Women's Pan American Team
- USA Women’s World University Games Team
- USA Women's R. William Jones Cup Team
- United States women's national 3x3 team
- United States men's national basketball team
- United States men's national under-19 basketball team
- United States men's national under-17 basketball team
- USA Basketball
- Basketball in the United States
- "USA Basketball Women's National Team". USA Basketball.
- "USA Basketball Annual Awards". USA Basketball.
- 2007 FIBA Americas Championship served as a continental qualifier for the 2008 Olympics. The U.S. was represented by senior team and won the tournament, clinching berth in the 2008 Olympics.
- 1989 FIBA Americas Championship served as a continental qualifier for the 1990 World Championship. The U.S. was represented by a second-tier team and placed fourth, clinching berth in the 1990 World Championship.
- Vivian Stringer coached the qualifying team; Grentz coached the senior team.
- 1993 FIBA Americas Championship served as a continental qualifier for the 1994 World Championship. The U.S. was represented by a senior "B team" and won the tournament, clinching berth in the 1994 World Championship.
- 1997 FIBA Americas Championship served as a continental qualifier for the 1998 World Championship. The U.S. was represented by a senior "B team" and placed second, clinching berth in the 1998 World Championship.
- "2016 U.S. Olympic Women's Basketball Team Roster". USA Basketball. April 27, 2016.