United Team of Germany at the 1960 Summer Olympics
|United Team of Germany at the|
1960 Summer Olympics
|NOC||United Team of Germany|
|Competitors||293 (238 men, 55 women) in 17 sports|
|Flag bearer||Fritz Thiedemann (equestrian)|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
Germany (1896–1936, 1992–)|
East Germany (1968–1988)
West Germany (1968–1988)
Athletes from East Germany (German Democratic Republic; GDR) and West Germany (Federal Republic of Germany; FRG) competed together as the United Team of Germany at the 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome, Italy. 293 competitors, 238 men and 55 women, took part in 148 events in 17 sports.
14 male cyclists represented Germany in 1960.
19 fencers, 13 men and 6 women, represented Germany in 1960.
- Carsten Keller
- Christian Büchting
- Dieter Krause
- Eberhard Ferstl
- Günther Ullerich
- Helmut Nonn
- Herbert Winters
- Hugo Budinger
- Klaus Greinert
- Klaus Woeller
- Norbert Schuler
- Werner Delmes
- Willi Brendel
- Wolfgang End
Three male pentathletes represented Germany in 1960.
- Wolfgang Gödicke
- Dieter Krickow
- Ralf Berckhan
- Men's single sculls – 2nd place ( silver medal)
- Men's coxless pair – 4th place
- Men's coxed pair – 1st place ( gold medal)
- Men's coxed four – 1st place ( gold medal)
- Men's eight – 1st place ( gold medal)
- Manfred Rulffs
- Walter Schröder
- Frank Schepke
- Kraft Schepke
- Karl-Heinrich von Groddeck
- Karl-Heinz Hopp
- Klaus Bittner
- Hans Lenk
- Willi Padge
- "Germany at the 1960 Rome Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Germany Hockey at the 1960 Roma Summer Games". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Germany Rowing at the 1960 Roma Summer Games". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 23 February 2018.